Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishwater

canned beverages are better on ice

43 posts in this topic

I stopped at the adult beverage store on the way home last night - found FAT TIRE in cans! Another quality beverage option when on the water or ice!!

NO WAY!!! I did try their 2Below already, and have sampled their other bombers and mix 12's. I'll have to look for these!

While working in Oregon everybody had it on tap...yummy.

Next thing you know it starts showing up in bottles around here, nice! That stuff really knocks me in the head the next day though...OUCH!

Ferny

Does anyone else think that beer in cans tastes different than beer in bottles? I prefer bottles but I do understand the convience cans bring to the table, weight, clenup and they will pay you for recycling them. I just think beer tastes better out of bottles. What do you think?

I wholeheartedly agree: Bar Tap, Keg Tap, Bottle, Can, Plastic Bottle in that order.

i will have to say that: bottle, bar tap, keg tap, can plastic bottle is the way to go... imo

Bar tap , bottle, can , keg , plastic.

This is the reason I have a bar at home for my homebrew. Better to bring a fresh poured growler rather than anything canned.

MMM mad dog I think I would rather drink the lake or river water and see what the illness I get from it is.

Free beer (any container), bar tap, keg tap, bottle, can, plastic

FLaker

I like drinkin cans of PBR and the like on hot summer days. In the winter though i really can go for stouts and rich-bodied ales. Give me a Bell's Two-Hearted and i'm good to go.

I stopped at the adult beverage store on the way home last night - found FAT TIRE in cans! Another quality beverage option when on the water or ice!!

Which store did you find them in and the price if you would?

As a tradition exclusively for hard water fishing, a buddy and I nip on Blackberry brandy. I hate the stuff but who can argue with tradition.

As a tradition exclusively for hard water fishing, a buddy and I nip on Blackberry brandy. I hate the stuff but who can argue with tradition.

Awesome! I had this tradition with my grandpa. I can't say I like the stuff but you can't argue tradition to a 76 yr. old man. wink

Anyone else ever have Snowshoe Grog? As much as I detest BB Brandy, Grog was the worst.

Glad to hear Surly is in cans though. I much prefer bottled beer, even if it's the mass marketed swill. There is precious little good beer served in cans.

I usually go with the 25 oz. St. Pauli's or Becks. They don't freeze as fast. I start with them at room temp if I'm going out with the portable.

Don't care what kind of beer it is as long as its -- ice cold, nothing better that beer that's been out on the ice for awhile.

Blackberry brandy is for "stomach upsets" my elders carried a pint of Peppermint Schnapps, and everyone got a swig!

yes blackberry brandy is our tradition also, but we also bring a bottle of ice hole schnapps we started that tradition 3 years ago.

Not much for drinking when im fishing. I'm out there to fish. Plus the fact that i only have a porty and need to drive home after i'm done. Don't want a DUI ever!