• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger leaks Oil?

only ice

Start here:

Amsoil Sabre Thread

Quote:
I just get the 8 oz Amsoil Sabre Professional bottle. It is more affordable per ounce than anyone elses 50-1 mix, and easy to get either though the oilman or in a few select auto stores. The bottle has 1 oz increments on the side, and just make sure to look at the bottle before you start pouring!

About 1.6 oz (a long 1 1/2 oz pour) mixed with 1 gallon of gas will get you close to 80-1. 1.3 oz (a long 1 1/4 oz pour) will get you 100-1. Thats over 5 gallons of gas you can mix out of an 8 oz bottle. If you are short on oil at the end of the bottle, just mix a half gallon or whatever seems right, or just get your next bottle. Pour what you need in the old bottle to get your last proper dosage, and mix away!

To lessen your confusion on mixing, take a 1 gallon can, write on it in perm marker "1.6 oz Sabre /gal = 80/1 mix", and use it for every thing you use mixed gas for. You won't regret it!

What type of ice auger and what type of oil did you use in it?

Both Jiffy an Strikemaster have leaned out the gas/oil mix in comparion to the old recomended ratio. The smaller containers of each reflect this but it is not widely known that they have done so.

A 1 bottle Jiffy/StrikeMaster oil container to 1 gal gas mix should be good and less smoke or waist residule oil forming on the exhaust hausing. If your mixing something else like snowmobile oil, try not to get it too rich. Check the manufactures recommendation to the current recommended ratio gas/oil to be sure.

Also, If you fogged it when you put it away, the extra oil residue may be a result of that as well. Even old oil pooling in the carb bowl in storage will do this and should burn off quickly.

So it sounds like the concensus (sp) is 80 to 100:1.

Here's my deal, I have a 10 year old eskimo barricuda with a 2 hp Techumsa engine. The owner's manuel calls for 24:1. Would I be safe running my oil mix at 80 or 100:1?

I should mention I've had the oil residue on my muffler since day 1.

Yup, It'll work great. It may take a tank of gas to get all the old oil burned out of the motor. When you get to your second tank you will more than likely notice an RPM increase and a noticeable increase in power. All the people I have switched to 100:1 mix over the years love it.

2 yr old Strikemaster. First tanks did the recommended 50:1, to break it in. Leaked oil out of the exhast like many have mentioned. After switching to amsoil saber pro - problems solved.

Started better, ran stronger, near smokeless. Started out 80:1, no go 100:1. Pillow packs are great, 1 pack for a gallon.

I appreciate the thought, but everyone else has done a good job of telling their experiences. Unsolicited comments like this from everyone else is always better than listening to a salesman 'pitch' his product.

I do appreciate it when you order from me or through any of my links: AMSOIL Saber Professional.

I have been 'out of pocket' racing this weekend - crew chief on an open wheel modified, 50 lapper in Cecil, GA (just above Valdosta on I75). No, we didn't do very well - haven't been in 3 years and rusty. Finished 8th.