• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strange empty kind of a feeling

Well that is that, I got my papers in the mail today. Divorced. smirk As much as I have wanted this to get resolved, I guess I was not prepared for that strange, empty, sad kind of feeling. Almost the same feeling I had when we sepparated. I have not been "single" for 12 years. (Separated for the past 2, but still married, prior to that we dated 5 years, and were married for 5 more) Now I am just trying to decide how to "close" this chapter of my life and begin writting the next. I realise this all takes time but ...

I do have a bit of a head start on that new chapter...

gettingready2hunt.jpg

I got custody of my "Goose"!!! That makes me happy and keeps me going everyday. Now I can focus on doing right by her and being the best dad I know how to be.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit in my past posts on this subject. The support and friendships I have gotten from this site have meant a lot in the last couple of years. A HUGE! thanks to Wanderer and his family. They have done a lot to help me keep my head above water. Now to create more happy memories. Got abby out in the boat this summer (thanks Tracy wink ) With any luck ice fishing this winter eek . The above was her helping me get ready to go hunting this fall. She will never be a tomboy, more like a high maintnance girly girl, " they make camo in pink right daddy? " but she loves the outdoors, so it's a start.

It's gotta be tough.

In regards to the daughter being a girlie girl. Not a problem at all. I have two with one who's definately of the girlie girl variety. She thumped a nice deer opening weekend and will be hunting with me again this weekend.

Enjoy your time with her.

I know where you are coming from with the daughter bit...sons make you proud, etc., but daughters will twist a Dad every which way. My grand-daughter is about the same age as your daughter and is very girly-girly type, but will go fishing with her Dad and Grandpa anytime.

Good luck with your future.

neighborguy I feel ya. Was married for 11 years and got divorced. One of my worst days was watching my kids go with their mother to another state. Time heals things. You are fortunate that you have custody of your daughter. Not too many guys are that lucky. Be the best dad you can be, but don't over do it. Don't be shy about asking for advice/help. If you don't mind me asking, what part of Isanti you live at?

... If you don't mind me asking, what part of Isanti you live at?

Far, Southern, Rural Isanti. Almost to St. Francis. I still claim Isanti because that is were I was raised and I have lived within 12 miles of town my entire life. I had a place south of town on the river up until a few months ago. frown I only made it a year on one income, turned out the mortgage was an ARM. I thought it was fixed. (that is another story)

I was married 18 years and had 4 daughters.I also fought and won sole custody of them.I did not date for 2 years and focused on myself and my daughters.My youngest daughter is in here first year of college this year.I also have another daughter in her 3rd year of college.3 of my 4 daughters got a college education.We only get 1 chance to guide these kids to a good future.Stay focused and beleive me....they grow up faster than you can imagine.Good Luck ...You can do it.