• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auto Insurance

Not sure if there is a specific forum but...looking at trying one of these large insurance companies you see on TV and they seem to be about $350 a year less on my auto and $250 less on home. Has anyone ever had any really bad experiences with any insurance companies?

IMO having a real live agent that you can call or go and talk to is worth the extra money. If you get a ticket or have a minor accident you can talk to your agent and get a straight answer about what the impact might be if you make a claim or plead to the ticket. You also have to consider what coverages are included or excluded - a tough thing to do without seeing the insurance contract and then being able to make sense out of it and compare it to another policy. Cheap isn't always the best and if you're going to be saving that kind of money you have to know what you're not getting.

We've occasionally shopped for comparison but end up staying with Farmers, which I've been with for 30 years. They do the vehicles and house and I get a 10% discount for direct pay. Not saying it's the best but it works. I have my bike through AAA which is about half of what Farmers offers.

I used to have eSurance. They were the best price I could find at the time. I only had one claim--severe hail damage. It was handled very quickly and hassle-free. I was happy with them. Now that I am married and own a house, I am with USAA.

Make sure to read the fine print to see if they cover full replacement values or "book" values. Others have qualifiers on the policy...ask questions and compare deductibles etc. chances are if there is a large gap in pricing, something along the way is different.

AIG has been the cheapest I've found. No problems with them. Had hail damage and adjustor was here in a few hours. Besides AIG really needs the money so I am happy to send them my premium. haha.