• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sarah Saturday, January 3!!!!!

Mark your calendars, folks, because here we go again! The first ever Sarah Saturday was such a success we’re going to do it again. Bring on the cold, bring on the ice, and bring on the second annual Sarah Saturday, an FM get together, January 3, 2009.

Bundle up the kids, the wife, the girlfriend, Uncle Wally, and grandpa Bob and come join the fun on one of Minnesota’s best producing perch and walleye lakes. Lake Sarah is the gem of southwest Minnesota, and we’re going to attack it, FM get together style. Entry fee? We don’t need no stinkin’ entry fee! This isn’t a tournament, although a side bet or two may come into play. Sarah Saturday, like the other FM get togethers, is open to the public - everyone is invited to join in on the fun.

If you don’t know about Lake Sarah, this is the best way to find out about the treasures she can give up. The DNR is still trying to figure why a prairie pothole has such a healthy population of perch, crappie, and walleye, all with natural reproduction. This healthy population of fish means bobbers down and flags up for us!!!

We’ll follow the great Minnesota tradition of pot luck, so bring a dish to share. We’ll have grills and campstoves on the ice if you want to slap some meat on the grill. Along with family, food, fun, and fishing we’ll have Hot Spot Outdoors/ Fishing Minnesota Pro-Staff present to help make sure everyone has a good time, offer tips and tricks, show off some of the years new ice products, and drop in a line.

We’ll meet at the Northwest landing at 7 a.m., meet and greet, and hit the lake. Or, you can trickle onto the lake anytime you like. You can get to the landing from HWY 59 by taking cty 16 west approx 4 miles, north on 201st street about 1 mile, then east on 216th for about a half mile.

I'll have my perm shack set up not far from the landing. We can use this as base camp, grill central, and warming house.

If you have questions, click on my e-mail and fire away. [email protected]

Don’t forget your camera! See you there!

I would like to make it down for this so I'll have to check my calendar. You guys need me to bring anything? I have a 10'x16' portable I will bring down as well. Others are welcome to join in fishing there if you don't have a house.

Well, as luck would have it, I was planning on heading down and looking forward to it, but when I got off work at 0700 am this morning, my furnace was not working and as of 1200 noon, still only 57 degrees in the house.. and we are still working on finding the problem. sigh sigh.. Sure hope you all had better luck than I did. Will have to wait for the photos I guess.. sigh.