• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plot Maps

JonnyD

Any one know where or how I get a plat map for counties in MN.

I moved up to the cities a few years ago and the public land isn't working out for the bow and bigger bucks.

I'm going to go knock on some doors next year before bow season and try to find some private land. Any suggestions on counties to looks at?

Or is there any one looking to split up some lease land and share the cost? Looking for something with in a 1.5 hour radius of Northern Subs.

Any help would be great, Or drop my a PM at

[email protected]

I'm assuming that you mean plat maps. Some counties have property information in the form of interactive GIS-based maps online. Dakota, Scott and Ramsey have very good ones, as does numerous non-metro counties. Unfortunately, I don't think Anoka County is one of them though. As far as purchasing plat books, go directly to the county as they will have the most up-to-date version.

so haaad,

Your speaking Greek to me. blush Any idea on how to find this info online. I've google search and can't find anything. I don't really real like spending $100 for a book on who owns land, and its likely I won't get permission anyway.

I know knocking door to door and getting land is very unlikely, but I don't have $1,000 to spend for a lease.

That's why I'm wiling to drive 1-2 hours out of the cities and hoping to get lucky or split a lease with some one.

JonnyD,

It is entirely possible to get permission from private landowners. But you do need to do it a little ahead of time.

I have done several things to get permission to hunt some awesome land.

Here are a few ideas for you.

1) Offer to help around the yard during the off season.

2) Knock and lots of doors. Eventually you will hit a home run.

When you do knock, have a photo copy of your drivers license handy. You can also have some references at the bottom.

3) If you hunt during the archery season or the Muzzy season you will have more luck. This way the land owners don't have to work around the Rifle season guys.

The further out of the cities, the better luck you will have.

If you go north to the Hinckley area, it can be fantastic.

Just a thought or two.

Fishfanatic

Johnny, in the past I have looked up the county seat online and then ordered the plat book through them. Depending on the county, you may have to do it by phone or standard mail.

Another tip for gaining permission: Create a small bio about yourself including your DL #, vehicle info, etc., but also include personal info such as family, church, hobbies. We gained access to 700 acres in Iowa and made some lasting friendships this way.

Good luck!