• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Muskie Icon passed away...

Rebel9921

On another forum, it was announced that George Wahl passed away last nite...

"George Wahl passed away last night after a long hard fought battle with cancer,,,I will post information and arangements tonight when I get the details"

Thank you, George, for everything you have done when it came to Muskie world... Your legacy will live on...

that's at least three muskie lure artists and inovators gone in less than a year. Rolf, ''Bobbie'', and now George. i dedicated one muskie release each to Rolf and ''Bobbie'' this year and i'll make sure to dedicate my first one to George next year. hopefully i can get it on an eagle tail. but if not i bet i remember George everytime i do.

We all owe a huge and forever unrepayable debt of gratitude and thanks to Mr. Wahl for everything he did in his lifetime to build the fisheries, lures, education, and the overall muskie environment that we all take advantage of and enjoy every day.

Most of us (myself included) never met the man, but if you walked thru the Muskie Expo for example, you enjoyed the windfalls of his efforts. Pretty crazy that an entire arena is devoted to a fish for an entire weekend, eh? That was George at work....

Regards to friends and family....

Heres more info from the other forum...

Here is the info for people who would like to attend

Visitation-Sunday 4-7pm Glen Haven Memorial Garden {Washburn McReavy}

5125 West Broadway,,,Crystal,MN 55429

Funeral service-12noon, First Baptist Church

1021 hennepin ave,Minneapolis,MN, 55406