• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WARNING! fyi

meatfish

Question

I got an email from my brother-in-law from cali yesterday stating that today all cell #'s are open to the public for telemarketing.He sells phone systems for a living so I took his advice and called my provider and put my # on a no solicitation list.There is also a national # that you can call and have your # put on there.But I do not think I can post it here.I believe that is why you saw the"spiders" here almost double overnight.Careful where you post your phone #.

Thanks meatfish.

Not sure where I should have posted this but this was the closest fit!

20 answers to this question

There is no such thing as a cell phone do not call list at this time.

These emails are all based on a opt in 411 service that has never seen the light of day.

As a matter of fact, registering a cell phone might actually put you on some sort of list where as right now cell phone numbers are not listed wink

Check it out on Snopes

I cant wait to get my first call. They will not be happy when they speak to me. Then I will figure out to get on the blocked list. Has anybody ever purchased something or anything other than hanging up? I cant imagine it can be that profitable of a business?

If it wasn't very profitable there wouldn't be very many. They find enough people to sell things to and do pretty well financially.

They prey on the vulnerable. For every 10 people that hang up on them, they find one to go through their spiel to. Pretty sad

lots o dummies and lazy people out their fall for these kinds of things, I'm sure there making money or they wouldn't be doing it. thanks for the tip cant waite fer the call so I can telemarket thier ear right off the phone I usually put them on speaker phone let them say thier deal and say sorry I dont own or rent a house I live in a cardboard box thanx for wasting your time on me though. LOL

Dtro is right, I have never received nor registered and have never received a call. By registering you are now on a list. Where it goes is anybodys guess.

This same thing happened last year I believe.

G.C.

The site is a .gov site, meaning it is run by the feds.

Here is a link that explains things about telemarketers and cell phones.

Staight from the feds