Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Citori

Multiple dogs

I don't own a pointer and flusher but I have a pointer and have hunted him with flushing dogs. It's only been a handful of times so I wouldn't say I have too much experience with it. Is there a specific question about doing this or are you just trying to see how common it is?

I have 2 GPS's and have hunted with flushers. I normally prefer not to do it as most flushers dont honor my dogs points. Thats not to say there arent any out there that do honor points, when they do it can be alot of fun.

I just dont like that I have to put alot of trust in somebody elses dogs.

My 2 dogs work well enough together I dont see the need for a flusher. Pointing, retrieving and tracking downed birds isnt an issue for me.

My lab has only hunted with other labs. When I had the chance to get her out with a friends GSP I hesitated because I didn't know how she would handle it. I was also thinking of eventually getting a pointer and thinking of how training would go with these both of these dogs. I have always had labs, but had a blast hunting behind a GSP.

I own both and will work them together but the pointer must be solid and I mean solid on birds. If he has the tendancy to creep a flushing dog in the picture will make him start busting his birds. I would never do it with a young pointer only older more experienced dogs! But yes it can be done!

We do it all the time and works out great for us. I run two labs and he runs his two GSP's. His dogs work out much farther and don't bump birds at all. The labs work very close to me and get the retrieving and flushing duties most of the time. As wierd as it sounds, when my labs hear the hawk scream when the the pointers point, they know to get over there for some action! Has worked great for pheasants, huns, and sharpies.

I have a 3 year old lab. Close working and does very well with other labs hunting. I'm just wondering if she will start to range out if there is another dog with her doing that. Any suggestions or other problems anyone else can see happening. Would it be better to work them alone until the pointer matures a little?