• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS Batteries

woody1975

Question

I have an H2OC GPS and I love it. I love the clarity, ease of use, tracking features, quick mark feature, lake maps, etc. But the only problem I have with it is relatively low battery life. Used it deer hunting this year and turned it on before heading into the woods and shut it off once I got to where I was going. Any way, I could only leave it on for 2 to 3 hours straight. Has anyone had better luck with certain batteries? I used Energizer and Duracell batteries with basically the same results. There are some batteries that are considerably more expensive and say they are specifically designed for precision electronics. The $$ doesn't scare me at all, as long as I can get some extended use out of it.

Any info would be great.

Thank You,

DL

4 answers to this question

I love my H20C but have the same problems- make sure you backlight is off or set to only a few seconds cuz that will burn up the batts fastest. I also use rechargable batts and have 2 sets along, when one goes out swap to teh next and then charge up both sets that night. Buying dospoable batts gets expensive.

redhooks

I havbe the regular H2O and don't have any problems with it. I use the 2900 Rechargeables and used the same batteries most of the day Saturday, and also on Sunday. I do bring along a spare set, just in case, but hardly ever have to use them. One thing to remember, cold is hard on batteries and makes them seem like they are dead. Once they warm up, the charge comes back to life. Maybe your GPS is just cold?