• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer hunting as it should (could) be

DaveT

i'd love to take pics of trophy whitetails...thats why we put out trail cams and bring the camera....i got some real nice buck pics and have some real nice footage from my camcorder...i love it.

don't get it messed up i love the meat...bigger deer equals more meat...meat just isn't my main focus...and if i can get a nice doe instead of a 1 1/2- 2 1/2 year old buck i'll choose to take that anyday.

i'm the guy on the neighboring land and all the gun hunters during the rut are blasting whats brown is down are shooting all my future big bucks lol.

u can see our tactics are different...i'm a go getter agressive type if the big ones aren't there i go get them...your content with catching little fish and hoping a big one comes...i go find the big ones....your content with sitting and taking a deer...i go all out tactics for big bucks.

either way will work.

but i can't believe there are actually people that don't want more and bigger bucks in their hunting area...just doesn't make sense.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, Silk is on here once in a blue moon. He thinks he's too busy. Say hi to Matt R. for me. Tell him I want to go to Iowa with him/you next year if I get drawn. I took Hunter to Iowa for two 4 day trips (he had the tag). He saw some good bucks, including a 180's class typical at 40 yards in the brush. He passed a bunch of 120 and less bucks. The wind killed us most days. We were just in Indiana for a week also and came home empty handed. Didn't see many mature deer, not much rutting action that late, just a bunch of young bucks looking around. Take care.