• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Practice

fishin58

Practice, we talking about practice.

For all the old and new smoke pole owners out there please get out and shoot your muzzleloader before opening morning. I am sure there will be a lot of new smoke pole hunters in the field this year.

Just remember you get one shot and you better make it count!

Happy Hunting

fishin 58,

great advice, but I'm going to take it a different direct for me and practive my bow because like other posts before this one we all cut back or just plain don't shoot during the season to keep up on our skill. Thanks for the reminder.

mr

If the new owners read the manual at all, they are probably told to "season" their barrel. If they do that, they should send 20 rounds through it before hand. Its not so much the practice shooting that one needs, but its the routine of loading and getting to know what your shots will do at what yardage. Its just like every other gun, don't pull it out of the closet and go hunting. Shoot it a few times.

BTW, I am a new owner and am really looking forward to it, especially if 3B is not that great this year. But I have seasoned my barrel and I really like to shoot it, its a fun gun.

I'll be doing the B-season. I'm thinking it could be really good, cold weather and almost all the crops out now. 3A was bummer, I bowhunted that, saw deer, but it was only because of my location. Most peopler were having trouble. I won't complain if I shoot a nice buck during 3B, but I wouldn't mind using the smoke pole once. Maybe I get that buck Saturday morning and use the smoke pole the rest of the week eh... I would think Rushford would rock right about now.

Anyone else have an issue witht the first shot after cleaning? I consistantly have my first shot low and right about 3 inches. All the rest are an inch high at 50 yards. I obviously cleaned my gun after practice, but do I fire one off the night before just to make the gun dead on for the morning?

96trigger, 3A was a total bust. I am heading down Friday after thanksgiving for the muzzleloader opener. Hope they are up and moving around. We are just East of Rushford. Please let me know if they are still chasing.

The chase was on a little bit this weekend, but there was quite a bit of pressure where I was. Haven't seen much since Saturday morning. I'm going to let it cool off and go back on Tuesday. I grunted in two bucks Saturday morning so the rut is still going and they are still responding to calls. I have heard of two people that shot bucks that were hanging with one doe. We are at the stage where they are tending pretty heavily to anything that is in estrus. They are not, however, doing all the chasing that the were two weeks ago.

guessin no shooters yet huh 96 trig? yeah my gf shot a nice 7 pointer. it was her first deer ever and just in her 2nd year of huntin. man did she have buck fever. it's on the border for the wall. since it's her first and on the border we decided to get it mounted. her theory is who knows if she'll ever get one like that again! if i find out how to post the pics i'll put it on here. good luck to u this week hope u smack a monster!