• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Machines are prepped for winter. (w/pics)

SomethingFishy*

Man you keep them machines clean! I like the plow is that a Glacier?

Yes the plow is the Glacier Plow.

Machines are always kept pretty clean. After we wash them we spray all plastics down with Son Of A Gun and wipe it off quick. It gives you the showroom shine and seems to make washing after a ride easier. I do a little better job cleaning mine than she does on hers. wink

Very nice! I like hers better. wink

I am looking at those same wheels. They are a great price at rockymountain. $200 a set cheaper (with tires) than the machined ones.

You answered one of my questions also. I was wondering if the handguards fit with the windshield.

Very nice! I like hers better. wink

I gotta admit that I think my wheels and tires make her machine look a whole lot better than stock. I told her if I trade mine for the XP 850 she could keep my tires/wheels and also the fender protectors If they don't go with the machine when I sell or trade it.

Do you have the tall or mid height windshield?

Did you ever sell that Warn winch?

As for the tires, You may as well put them back on. No snow and no ice. Will be 40 next week. Should go for a ride next week after Thanksgiving.

Tall windshield. Put the Warn winch on her machine.

I am cut-off from all weekend activities until after christmas due to work commitments and OT frown But atleast it is $$$ I am hoping to catch a break and get out on some early weekday ice. I will also attend the St. Paul Ice show hopefully on Friday or Sunday.

Tracks are on until probably March or April, it's a pain to swap. Besides, I put the Big Horn's on Her machine so that I will enjoy it if I want to use a machine with tires. grin I just need to adjust her rear springs a little stiffer for use with my tires. It will also handle better for her.

Thanks SomethingFishy,

She actually climbs up the footrest then the seat then to the top of the Monster Box.

If you look close enough there is a blue doggy bed held in by a cargo net you can see just under the Voyager sign on the tent house. She rides up there all over the lake. The faster I go the lower she gets. She has never fallen out. She got left once last year and had to run about a mile to catch up. Now if there is even a chance I am leaving she flies up to her riding position so she won’t get left behind.

I figure either the cargo box, on top of the sled or on the front rack, but that auger made the last one a no go.

I can't wait till I get a place out of town, I need a fishing partner that never complains, just don't have the proper space for one in town, my girlfriends ankle biter dog would drive me nuts in a portable. She behaves pretty well in the wheelhouse except she barks every time the ice sings and could easily fall down the holes.

Some,

Have you had opportunity to plow?

I have the Glacier plow setup and love it. It seems that I can't pull snow, like from a garage door without the plow mount dislodging/coming off. Have you experienced this?

Thanks,

River-rat4

Some,

Have you had opportunity to plow?

I have the Glacier plow setup and love it. It seems that I can't pull snow, like from a garage door without the plow mount dislodging/coming off. Have you experienced this?

Thanks,

River-rat4

Yes I have done some plowing with it, works great. I haven't tried to pull any snow, I park it in the garage with the blade facing the door. I have backed it up short distances with the blade down and haven't had any issues with the mount coming undone, mine has the push tube style with an extension, are you using the quick connect style?

Some,

I guess I am not sure. I drive over the plate, hook on the winch cable and raise it. When it connects, I turn the "L" handle to lock it in. Is this similar to you setup?

(I have the same blade as you. Mount, I am not sure)

river-rat4