• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Trekker Dxl or 3 Yr Otter Cabin

flak

I'm looking at picking up my first house this year and I was set on the new Trekker Dxl. Well a guy I know is selling his 3 year old Otter Cabin (green tent). Its in great shape (no holes, tears) comes with sled and tent only, no seat. He wants $200 for it. Would you guys recommend the otter or the new Trekker. Assuming I add a seat/bench, I'd be looking at $330ish versus the $450 for the Trekker. What's everyone's thoughts?

By the way, hello to everyone. Been reading this board for a few years, finally getting around to posting.

Thanks for everyones input.

Flak -

I would definitely get the Frabill....your butt will love you for paying for the comfortable seats....and unless you plan on entering your sled in a monster truck rally it will hold up just fine to the Otter.

I will attest without question to the strength difference in sleds. I have one sled that is tough and another that is not as tough. They both have fished great, storage is great, but when it comes to strength, I will see you in my Otter.

flak! About time you post on here! laugh

My personal take on it is go Otter and don't look back.

Just sold my Fishtrap - good rig, but I learned what I liked and disliked with it.

Give me a call tonight - I have some info for you as well.

Later,

Brad

If you have not sat in and fully checked out the new Frabill Trekker Deluxe, do so first.

I would say the $129.00 difference for a New Trekker vrs a used Otter for all the extra features offered should sell it to you on it's merits. Darn sweet unit the DLX!

Just got my new Magnum GT home and put together today, WOW!!! Thats all I can say. The seats are awsome, and they look great, mine also has the glide trek, which from pulling my buddies last years is a great feature!!! I do also like the Otters but I do believe that they all hold up good unless you are the type of guy who beats the heii out of your stuff. Go with the new Frabill, you know the whole history and I dont think that you will be upset that you did!!!