Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DuckStupid

My son's first buck

11 posts in this topic

Don't post very often, but read along quite a bit. My 12 year old son had a nice first hunt. He shot a small doe at 30 yards around 7:30 on opening morning. Dropped it right there. Just I was getting that cleaned up and tagged we saw the one below (8 point) coming down the other side of the draw. He got back to his gun and dropped him from around 80 yards. 2 very nice shots. My cousin also had a nice 10 pointer, but the only pics I have of that are a bit messy so I won't post those. We went 3 for 5 by 8 or so on opening morning and thought we had enough deer so called it a hunt.

IMAGE_016-vi.jpg

Great story and opener report, tell your son congrats on a great first buck!

Great deer! Great story! looks like a huge bodied deer!

He was a nice buck, I'd guess he went 180 or so. I didn't shoot a shell and think it's probably my favorite hunt ever (shortest as well). I had a blast watching him have a great morning.

Yeah he won't forget that first buck! Cool you got to see it too....

Nice buck man, tell him way to go, as I'm sure you did a thousand times. I can't wait until my son can hunt.

I'll say it again, there has been a lot of GREAT stories about kids with first deer this year. AWESOME!!!!

way to go! 2 deer on the first hunt thats awsome! Great shots at that.