• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

20# tank, questions...

TiNK3R

Hello

I'm going to be buying a 20# propane tank for my Big Buddy. I had a few questions (probably common sense... sry!) that would help out a ton smile

1. Where would I purchase one? Cost?

2. Refilling? Do I swap out or buy new? Where?

3. Transportation... any tricks/mods for these guys? Do they fit in a 5gal bucket or in a milk crate for ease?

4. Quick connect hose for the big buddy, where would I find one of these bad boys?

Thanks a ton!

will you can get one at wallmart for about 20 ...then you have to fill it ....20 or you can to go gas station and get used filled one for like 45 or so

i refill my buddy refills my tanks then ... then i do the swap thing ever cupple years once my tank gets a little rusty .....

1. You can purchase them at big box stores (home improvement and outdoor stores) $40 - $45

2. I suggest just refilling, swapping is around $32 and filling is $17

3. I believe they fit in milk crates

4. I am not sure about this one but I would check gander, fleet, or anywhere that sells big buddy heaters

and transportation i pick it up and carry it ....they have a hadle right in the top and i DO NOT disconnect it from the big buddy i got the 12 foot hose and once you disconnect it it can take a little while to get the buddy going agin it always lights just takes a little bit of time the hose you should be able to get where you got your buddy and get a little longer one then you think you need .......trust me lol

1. Sams club had the cheapest price this past summer. Any place that sells grill will have them

2. If you buy a new tank than refill is the best option. Tanks expire 12 years after the manufacture date so you're good for the next twelve years. Typically refilling will be a little cheaper as well.

3. Milk crates work good. They are required to be secured in the upright position at all times.

4. Found mine at Sportmans wharehouse. Just about any place that carries Mr. Heater has them now. Part #F271803 - 12 ft Quick Connect Hose with inline regulator. I have had both and prefer the quick connect!

1. Fleetfarm for around $25.00

2. Just refill at any gas station that has propane. ( You will see the big propane tank close by)

3.Milk crates work great so they don't tip over.

4.If you buy a quick connect hose get the low pressure so you will not need a filter and if they only have the high pressure make sure to get a filter. They will have them at Fleetfarm or most hardware/sporting goods stores.

1. Where would I purchase one? Cost? .... i use my gas grill tank.

Refilling? Do I swap out or buy new? Where?.....have to find a propane station. i go to one in town cost around $15 to refill. some places to swap empty for full. think to buy one its around 40 bucks at first?(never done it that way so not sure)

Transportation... any tricks/mods for these guys? Do they fit in a 5gal bucket or in a milk crate for ease?...... i have a modded portable so i have a spot for it in tub....but i would think it would fit into milk crate???

4. Quick connect hose for the big buddy, where would I find one of these bad boys?......anywhere that sells big buddy heater usually has accesseries for it...fleetfarm, gander, L&M (iron range store) hardware store?