• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Christmas Lights

Sandmannd

I love the hollidays and like to do some decorating. Recently I've been looking into doing a light show, though I don't know that I will be able to do it until next year. Has anyone tried this and what do you think. Here's a vid of what I'm talking about.

I guess you can toss me into the group that doesn’t have much interest in Christmas lights. I don’t mind seeing the nice displays DURING THE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS, but I think it’s gotten way out of hand. What started out as a way to show everyone your celebration for the occasion, has turned into an all out “mine is better than yours” competition.

The past few years I made it very clear to my wife, if she wants to put out some lights, it’s all her deal. I want no part of it. She usually puts up a few strands and I get talked into helping out a bit. I’m sure this year will be no different smile

I’m not against Christmas lights, I just loathe the modern day marketing of Christmas.

Dtro, I agree 100%. I shake my head when I walk into Menards in Sept. and there is Christmas stuff up already. Then also when you see Christmas lights still on in March! Christmas is "1 DAY". I am ok, with it from the middle of DEC. until maybe a week after the new year, beyond that, come on!

Thanksgiving until Dec 26th. That is all. No more.

BTW, if ever in Kansas City at Christmas time, go to the Country Club Plaza part of town, beautiful. They light it up every year in a ceremony Thanksgiving night, they run until mid January.

I don't know, I've always loved Christmas. I like to get a few gifts, but I love to give them. Especially now that we have a young child and will have a new eleven year old with us this year. It just makes it a special time of year to see their faces when they open gifts. Putting up decorations was always one of my best memories as a kid.

I agree, and I didn't mean to put a negative spin on your thread.

It just seems to have gotten out of control.

I guess I'm a moderation type of a guy (except when it comes to fishing).