Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cast Master

Ice Buster Bobbers: Real deal or gimmick?

94 posts in this topic

Are these better, the same as, or worse than a typical slip bobber (say, a Thill) that is properly matched to the size of your presentation?

Real Deal wink

If I am not dead sticking on my second rod, I throw on an Ice Buster. They are nice because you can tril them down if needed. Cut some off wink You can get that correct balance going.

They're really nice because the clip right on and you don't need a bead. If I want to go from bobber fishing to jigging, it's really easy.

Another user here and I really like them. Don't try them in the summer though. They'll slip off the line and you'll be watching them float away.

Awesome product, I won't use any other type of bobber for icefishing. The fact that you can trim them down to make the resistance of the lure low is very important, IMO. They are also great for detecting the "up-bite." The only thing as exciting as seeing your bobber dip under water is watching it fall on it's side.

Real Deal.

Bruce Mosher used to post on here quite often, but I haven't seen him in awhile. He invented them, amongst alot of other ice fishing things.

Real deal. The only thing that irritates me when I'm using one is the fact that I couldn't have thought to invent such a simple and effective product.

real deal i love them .....always have at least 3 of 2 sizes and i can use a bober on any thing in my box with just to different sizes and cheep when i loose them i buy them a box at a time lol

They have been the only way to go for me for five years or better,

I cut mine to a length that just barely keeps the jig up.

When I use a bobber these are the only thing I use. Always have a few of them in tackle bag. They are definitely the real deal.

They're really nice because the clip right on and you don't need a bead. If I want to go from bobber fishing to jigging, it's really easy.

I agree, these are the nuts. I like the thill bobbers, but nothing is worse then having to cut your line to take off the thill to jig. Buster bobbers rule!!!!!!!!!

I use them all winter and even in the summer... Bruce is a great guy and has a vast knowledge in the fishing industry.. He will be at the Ice Show too. They work great on open ice dead sticks or in ice houses....

Beef

REAL DEAL. You can upgrade them to fit any size lure/bait. Great advantage for light biters

They are for sure the real deal. If you are going to go the bobber route, they are the best. Plus, when it comes time to ditch the bobber, you don't need to cut the line.

Snoozebutton is right, don't use them in the summer!

Beef, where has Bruce been?? He used to be on here alot. And you are right about him being a great guy, gave me pointers about the ice well last year at the show.

I love mine. Just be careful not to trim too much off - they tend to ride a little low after being in the water a couple of hours due to absorbing some water. But don't leave home without them!