Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Cast Master

Ice Buster Bobbers: Real deal or gimmick?

Real Deal wink

If I am not dead sticking on my second rod, I throw on an Ice Buster. They are nice because you can tril them down if needed. Cut some off wink You can get that correct balance going.

Awesome product, I won't use any other type of bobber for icefishing. The fact that you can trim them down to make the resistance of the lure low is very important, IMO. They are also great for detecting the "up-bite." The only thing as exciting as seeing your bobber dip under water is watching it fall on it's side.

Real Deal.

Bruce Mosher used to post on here quite often, but I haven't seen him in awhile. He invented them, amongst alot of other ice fishing things.

Real deal. The only thing that irritates me when I'm using one is the fact that I couldn't have thought to invent such a simple and effective product.

real deal i love them .....always have at least 3 of 2 sizes and i can use a bober on any thing in my box with just to different sizes and cheep when i loose them i buy them a box at a time lol

They're really nice because the clip right on and you don't need a bead. If I want to go from bobber fishing to jigging, it's really easy.

I agree, these are the nuts. I like the thill bobbers, but nothing is worse then having to cut your line to take off the thill to jig. Buster bobbers rule!!!!!!!!!

I use them all winter and even in the summer... Bruce is a great guy and has a vast knowledge in the fishing industry.. He will be at the Ice Show too. They work great on open ice dead sticks or in ice houses....

Beef

They are for sure the real deal. If you are going to go the bobber route, they are the best. Plus, when it comes time to ditch the bobber, you don't need to cut the line.

Snoozebutton is right, don't use them in the summer!

Beef, where has Bruce been?? He used to be on here alot. And you are right about him being a great guy, gave me pointers about the ice well last year at the show.

I love mine. Just be careful not to trim too much off - they tend to ride a little low after being in the water a couple of hours due to absorbing some water. But don't leave home without them!