• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are there any Chinese ATV's worth buying?

Rope

Some people swear by them, but personally I don't. There has been more pressure on the Chinese manufacturers to improve on the quality and the safety of their machines. Currently, they're not necessarily held to the same standard as the Japanese or the American brands.

Buy American........ please.

I agree with LEP7MM, and have heard the same things, although it doesn't mean that some aren't happy with them.

I bet your house is full of chinese products. You can't get away from buying chinese these days.

I bought one 3 or 4 years ago for my son and we have had no real problems with it. I don't think it is any less safe than a polaris and it cost about 1/4th the price of an american built.

Who knows how many parts of the so-called american built units are actually manufactured in the U.S?

I agree....there's nothing that makes them any less safe than an "american". what makes them unsafe is when the kids can't handle them or don't understand how to properly operate it, or operate it in an unsafe manner. I looked at EVERYTHING when looking at a machine for my kid. I've even found that the "chinese" one has more safety features than the others. I'd step in front of a bus for my kids, and if I didn't feel that the machine was safe, you bet your you-know-what she wouldn't be on it!! I'll be the first to admit the quality on a small cat/polaris/ect will be better than the chinese, but my daughter isn't hard on it in any means, and like I said before, if you take care of it, you won't have any problems you wouldn't have with anything else.

Just because they don't support safety training, doesn't mean the machines aren't safe. It's as safe as an arctic cat or polaris, maybe safer. again, the machine is as safe as the operator in control of it. I wish people weren't so quick to bash the less expensive machines. I would have loved to have my kids have a cat like their old man, but at 1/4 the cost, the chinese machine is a very, very viable option for many. maybe the big names should try and come up with something to compare in price if they don't like people buying the others. Like I said before, if I didn't feel the machine was safe, I wouldn't have bought one for my kids.

Ryan,

I don't think anyone is trying to argue your experience. You and Dave are not of the majority however. I'm glad the machines have met or exceeded your expectations. There are too many cases where the machines were not assembled from the factory properly i.e. tie rod ends being one example.

Granted the big name manufacturers have had their share of issues, but not near as close as the Chinese brands. I will give the Chinese brands credit as they are making some improvements and will continue to get better.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
Buy American........ please.

I agree with LEP7MM, and have heard the same things, although it doesn't mean that some aren't happy with them.

I bet your house is full of chinese products. You can't get away from buying chinese these days.

Ya, oh well.....We can always try to buy American when we can right? This is the reason we will eventually all have to work at Walmart in the future in order to have a job. Very sad thinking.

even the clothes on our back are made over seas. It's a fact of life that will never go away.

Now if I can find a pair of jeans that fit mad Talk about frustrating. The pair covering my arse are 33x34 and fit perfectly even after the wife washes them grin. I tried the same brand and size last week and there's no way my kids would fit into them. I would have to go to a 38x34 for the same fit.

This is kind of off topic, but a sign of the type of workmanship that needs to be corrected if foreign markets are going to make saleable products for the "Good 'Ole USA".

That's funny, but so true. I've got pants in my closet with waist sizes of 32", 34" 36" and 38". The lengths are either 30" or 32"...I can't order out of a catalog anymore, I've gotta go in and try them on 'cause I never know what I'm gonna get.

Most all of the small atvs whether a polaris or arctic or whatever have a chinese motor in it. I have a kazuma for my kids and have had no problems with it except for gas gas gas gas gas gas gas the kids run the heck out of it.

I wouldnt by a Chinese machine. I'd go Japanese, Canadian or US. Just a FYI the new Arctic Cat 366 made by that chinese atv company with Arctic Cat stickers on it.

As is the Arctic cat DVX 250, the Can Am DS 250 and a few others. The larger machines are the ones still built by the manufacturers in many cases. The smaller machines are built in China, Taiwan or Korea.

Some still build their 250 models. I should state the entry level machines are those "contracted out" for manufacture.