• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tenderloins!!!

Really hot, really fast. Keep it way rare, and enjoy the flavor for what it is. Avoid marinades. Salt, pepper and enjoy.

My hunting buddy and dear friend has the tradition of preparing the tenderloins at rifle camp. He slooooow cooks all of the tenderloins in butter and lots of seasoning til they are good and gray. It's everything I can do to keep my mouth shut, but it's his home and his deer camp. frown

When bow hunting, I've been known to wrap them on a stick and cook over the fire like the worlds greatest marshmallow. grin

I agree with the "hot and fast, on the rare side of medium rare" part.

I like to do mine in a frying pan, cut in half (4 peices if doing both, or 2 if alone) with a table spoon of butter and a table spoon of olive oil. Sprinkle the loins with McCormics Montreal steak and go.

When the loins are cooked I deglase the pan with Segram's 7 and a little water (mostly Seagram's). Add a little heavy cream or half and half, and a couple pinches of flour to thicken the "gravy".

Serve it family style over a bed of rice, mabe some grean beans or a salad on the side.

A meal fit for a King...

I just made some tonite that were quick, easy and delish....

I hit each steak with Emerals Essence( you could sub - salt, pepper, and garlic powder). Then I floured each steak....

In a fry pan on med heat cook some onions in a little olive oil for a few minutes. Now add the steaks and fry about 2 min per side. Then throw in a bout a half cup of white wine and a few table spoons of pesto. I use the prepaied store bought pesto all the time - either a mushroom one or sun-dried tomatoe type. A few squirts of franks red hot, stirr it around and she's done...

Freewheeler - The pesto I used was a mushroom one and was nice and mild, just enough hot sauce for a touch of heat. The wine added a nice flavor that balanced things well. Ive cooked quite a bit with wines in my restaurant experience and really enjoy them. Usually a sweeter or semi-sweet matched up with some bolder spicy flavors or a hearty red in something like a stroganoff. Don't buy "cooking" wines, you want to cook with stuff thats drinkable... cool