• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for a brave sole

mtreno

heading back home and nobody wants to fish with me anymore. something about it being cold out or something.....

anyway i want to hit the pond (mille lacs) thursday afternoon and evening and sunday afternoon and evening. i have a boat partner for sunday evening and all day monday but dont want to be short handed thursday and sunday afternoon.

this is weather permitting. waves wind and cold dont bother me but the boat can only break so much ice.

anyone interested in joining me or going to be out? if your going to be in the area let me know maybe we can at least stay in eye contact. as far as being on my boat all thats needed is plenty of warm clothing. if you have a fav. rod or some baits you want to bring i am sure i can find room for them.

normal plan is head out for a few hours and do a little casting and some trolling. head in warm up eat and the back out for some more. the where depends on the wind and who and how many are working on keeping boat ramps open. i am heading back up tonight and will be making the rounds to see what is open.

reply here and i can call you back later tonight or in the morning - my cell is dead and have no phone till later.

I can go, but I just looked at the weather forecast for Garrison tomorrow and it said a high of 18* and 15-25 mph wind from the NW. I know my reels would freeze up pretty fast. Are you planning on trolling?

I'm not brave enough to go on the pond tomorrow. If anyone else is interested in going with Matt, let him know. I can handle the temps, but the wind is what is keeping me from going. The weekend looks better, and so I might get out on a smaller lake if it's not frozen.

no biggie mnmuskies. i understand how things happen. not to sure if there will be a way to get on the lake sunday anyway.

jredig - i will shoot u a email - if your interested lets give it a shot. i will be looking for access updates in the am.

jredig - i will shoot u a email - if your interested lets give it a shot. i will be looking for access updates in the am.

Hey Matt, I sent you a reply. Find out anything? Launching down here was "fun", i'd be surprised if anything is open up there! All the web cam's i'm seeing show ice....

Lemme know!

sorry i got up late for work and did not have a chance to go on drive this morning. had a long day and just got home and am calling everyone i know for updates. so far it does not sound good. i will be checking for sure in the am and calling

sorry i got up late for work and did not have a chance to go on drive this morning. had a long day and just got home and am calling everyone i know for updates. so far it does not sound good. i will be checking for sure in the am and calling

Sounds good, i'm planning on hitting the metro unless a phone call from you says otherwise. I have a partner in tow, room for 3 in your rig? I'm up tonight, feel free to ring me for skeptical planning.

Launching was "fun" on Saturday. How did you guys do out there?

You got that right! So was pulling a few people out who shouldn't have launched there... lol.

We did ok, moved 5-6 fish but they were very lazy follows. Came back and moved 'em at dark again too, but nobody biting.

Sunday was out on 'tonka, same story. Had 3 fish follow at once on a weedline, that was kinda cool. Two big girls and one smaller one, all hanging out for about a minute. One was pretty hot until it got into the vicinity of the other two.

Never made it too the big pond.

Not much happening for us on Saturday. Got the boat out with no problems so I guess it was a succesful trip. I heard somebody was there on Sunday trying to back their boat right down the ramp and break the ice with the boat/trailer. Not a good idea when you're dealing with 3" of ice.

I have heard you talk about gloves on here before, should've taken a look at those when I was chatting with you at the launch. My hands weren't lasting long while casting out there. Wind wasn't helping any.

Not much happening for us on Saturday. Got the boat out with no problems so I guess it was a succesful trip. I heard somebody was there on Sunday trying to back their boat right down the ramp and break the ice with the boat/trailer. Not a good idea when you're dealing with 3" of ice.

I have heard you talk about gloves on here before, should've taken a look at those when I was chatting with you at the launch. My hands weren't lasting long while casting out there. Wind wasn't helping any.

WOW, I can't imagine trying to get in the launch...how'd they miss our tracks??!! haha

The gloves proved to be awesome, casted both days till late without getting cold. Your hands do get wet, but they are warm. Glacier Gloves,821BK Best cold weather fishing glove. Huge vote from me, I'll be putting them through further testing this week. cool