• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing!

hi lisa, how much snow did gods country get last nite and is there more than just flurries in the forecast?

We might have 2-3 inches on the ground and it is very fine and powdery. Just watch your step walking on the ice, I almost slipped and went boom yesterday.......very slickery shocked

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to make my 1000th post a meaningful one. Hey Hope, did you get the jacket and bibs? Are the bibs way long on you? Did you know Appledoorns has a New Years special?

Yowsers!!!!

congrats gals on the milestone posts. thanks for the weather info lisa and barb. as long as the wind behaves itself those temps arent real bad. now -20 i would think about not going. OH BOY...OH BOY 3 1/2 hours left to my week.... yepeee. grinlaughsmile

Barb, I was surprised that the bibs arn't all that long. As long as I can kneel and walk in them I am happy. I will have to check out the New Years special, for the first time in 33 years the party I have always gone to is not happening. I guess I'll have to start a new tradition.

Hope

Hey strangers....I thought I'd let you know that my boys and I are heading up to Appeldorn's the weekend after Christmas. I'm treating them to a weekend on the ice. Of course I picked the deluxe model with tv stove and inside potty. I don't think they'd ever go again if I had gone with my normal cheapest I could find pick. Anyway. There'll be heat in my hut and you're welcome to stop on by if you're in the area. No room to sleep as they will bring their buds, but as long as I have a stove, there will be a turkey and lots of fixins. I hope I come out alive.

Too bad Teresa, Jim and I are thinking of going New Years to take advantage of the special. Our 38th anniversary is the 26th but we will be in Mora then at the sisters so I thought what better time than New Years!!

Lisa, just got back from the Doc's again.......Sciatica! At least that is what is wrong with the right leg. He gave me another prescription cry and also prescribed plenty of ice fishing laugh He said he would rather see me out moving around than sitting on the puter all day!!!! Ice fishing here I come grin

Lisa...you just made me change my mind. I just called and reserved Wed/Thurs (New Year's Eve) up there. Saved some $$$ and now I will know where the boys are on this day....I am sooooo looking forward to it. Are you going up then?

Teresa - if I don't head down to Lake Sarah I'll be up there that weekend. Email me your cell # and I'll check in if I'm on that part of the lake.

You are part crazy and part genius - laugh

- crazy - spending news years with a bunch of teenage boys in a small shack on the ice

- genius - you know where the boys are on news years eve.

Lisa...you just made me change my mind. I just called and reserved Wed/Thurs (New Year's Eve) up there. Saved some $$$ and now I will know where the boys are on this day....I am sooooo looking forward to it. Are you going up then?
Sorry Teresa, you got the wrong person. It's me lambjam and the "old Grouch" going. I didn't have mine reserved and I just called Paul and he worked it out so I could get a 4 holer for the same days. So see ya on the ice, and if the boys drive ya too nuts you can come over and hang out with us for a while.

Wow, I am going to be real spoiled this winter, Appledoorns on New Years, then back again a week later. Burnstside on the 31st of Jan, might head down to the cities for the Future FMers GTG on February 21st. Plus a lot of side trips with my fishing buddy to all of our Lake X's. laugh

Originally Posted By: teresa
Sorry Teresa, you got the wrong person. It's me lambjam and the "old Grouch" going. I didn't have mine reserved and I just called Paul and he worked it out so I could get a 4 holer for the same days. So see ya on the ice, and if the boys drive ya too nuts you can come over and hang out with us for a while.

Barb and Teresa - I just confirmed that Don and I will be at Appledoorn's over New Years as well. Right now it will be just the two of us, unless I can talk my brother into joining us. Fun, fun, fun!!!

See you guys there!!!!

This is so great...can't wait to bundle up and house hop...pole in hand. Paul, as long as someone's on fish, we'll be fine. I'm bringing some fireworks so no one get excited if they hear a couple bangs.