• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing!

Wheres the spot??? I still do need to catch my first Tiger...

Sounds good... whenever you need a company... just email me and Im sure we could work something out...

word of warning... I'd feel safe as long the ice is at minimum of 6"... or more...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't gone out yet frown I had hoped to hit the ice last week but life got in the way again. Truck faded out on us, repairs to the tune of $800, it has been bitterly cold and really windy, I have been fighting a problem with my legs, doc put me on some meds, meds made me sick, yadda, yadda yadda. Going out this week come heck or high water!!! Will be at Sheldons for sure Saturday unless I die first shocked , I am thinking of doing venison meatballs, yummo................

Is it your orange truck?

Sorry bout the legs Barb. Edema?

It's been pretty chilly here too. Got a few more inches of snow yesterday. It's very pretty and white this morning. I think I'll try to get out on the snowshoes this afternoon before class tonight. I have a final on Wednesday and another on Monday! eekeek I got a letter from the school last week and it said that I didn't make it into the nursing program this spring. frown Neither did any of my current classmates. frown Too many people and too few spots. Hopefully this fall!! smile

Our 1st ice trek will be at Sheldon's. Can't wait! Veni meatballs! Cool!

Is it your orange truck?

Sorry bout the legs Barb. Edema?

It's been pretty chilly here too. Got a few more inches of snow yesterday. It's very pretty and white this morning. I think I'll try to get out on the snowshoes this afternoon before class tonight. I have a final on Wednesday and another on Monday! eekeek I got a letter from the school last week and it said that I didn't make it into the nursing program this spring. frown Neither did any of my current classmates. frown Too many people and too few spots. Hopefully this fall!! smile

Our 1st ice trek will be at Sheldon's. Can't wait! Veni meatballs! Cool!

It was our 2000 F150, it had original battery which failed last week got a new battery and that went dead, took it in to ford and the alternator was shot, plus a serpentine belt, oil change, air filter, 2 new back tires, when it rains it pours. They don't know what is wrong with the legs, it is not edema, constant pain and at least 4-5 charley horses every night. cry The meds I am on right now seem to be helping some, but it has been tough walking long distances. I keep pushing forward though. See ya at Sheldon's, I will be the one that looks like the Michelin man dressed in red and black. laugh

we will be up this weekend also, leaving wed am. didnt fish this weekend. spent way to much money at the ice show. good luck fishing lisa and barb. hey lisa i met up with dietz sunday at cabelas said he went trout fishin with you and jim. nice guy. have you heard or does jim know of ice thickness around deer river. how much snow is on the ground?

Glen I can only tell you about moose lake and there was a small car by shore and it looks like people were all over on that lake. Deer lake across the street froze over sat. night otherwise it was pretty much wide open. I was so busy getting stuff ready and with the wind and temps I thought I would wait till this weekend. I now have heated grips on the 4 wheeler grin

I thought about heading up to Mill Lacs next weekend and then remembered that I have the company Christmas party on Saturday. It is just my boss and I in this office and she told me I had better go in a joking manner but I understand that I should be there, I should also get come Christmas shopping done. I spent this last weekend at the ice fishing show and went to a few other stores to get me set up for ice fishing.

Hope

Went out to a small lake in the woods with my fishing buddy, we didn't catch anything, but we were only there for a few hours. How beautiful it is with the freshly fallen snow and the peace and quiet of the woods. The ice on the lake was around 8 inches, and there is about 2 inches of powdery snow. It was really fun getting out and playing with the new Vex. Hope, did you spend lots of money?

Hey Lisa, looks like I may get my house out this weekend if the temps stay low and no big amounts of snow fall. Lake Bemidji has some houses on it but no one is driving on it yet. Hubby is involved with the Rotary club here and they are doing a tournament on Jan. 17th called the 'Hard water classic' should be fun! I can hardly wait to go out. I've been trying to get all the Christmas presents done so I don't have to worry about that while fishing. I making them and sold some, I still have a few more to do, will crank a few out today.

Vacuumed and cleaned the carpet in the Ice house this fall, smells a ton better.

I check in once in a while and read the board but usually wait till Ice fishing is in full swing to post on the board, I'm here lurking though. Diana

grinHI DIANA! grin

It's great to hear from you! I haven't been on the ice yet either! We're ice bound this weekend too!

If you're hubby is involved, can you still fish the tournament?

What are making for your presents? Sounds very cool that you can sell them too!

How are those great dogs you have? What kind were they again?

We got a couple inches on Sunday around the region and it looks so Christmas-y around here. Here's what the NWS NOAA site says about the Deer River area for the rest of the week (chances of snow everyday and the lows are COLD!:

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 9. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Wednesday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 14. South wind between 5 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 8. West wind between 5 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Thursday: A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 16. West wind around 10 mph.

Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.

Friday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14.

Friday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.

Saturday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.

Sunday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 7.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15.

Deer River NOAA forecast site