• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lip squeaked one in at noon.....

Cooter

I was bowhunting this past Sat hoping for some midday rut activity. Right at high noon a beautiful yote comes over the ridgetop saddle I was set up on. He was at the edge of bow range but being that I was sitting with the bow on the hanger at the time it didn't really matter.

I managed to get up, grab the bow, and do some lip squeaking right before he dropped off the ridge. He paused, then continued, then stopped again. I continued squeaking - I could just see his tail flickering through the trees. Finally I shook some leaves on the tree I was in and he turned and came in on a trot. I pulled back when he passed behind some trees. He came around and stopped - looking for that warm, furry critter he'd heard. He was facing directly at me, about 30 yards. There were a few limbs but it looked good. I put the pin on his throat and let er rip.

I lost track of the arrow, but did hear it hit some branches - there was a pile of them right behind him, thought maybe it passed through first but the way he took off I had my doubts. Finally got down, found the arrow with one white hair on the broadhead cry

Followed his tracks for a while and only found a few drop of pee - guess at least I scared the [PoorWordUsage] outta him!