• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Osakis For Ducks

I am just wondering if it is worth the trip up to osakis to try for some divers this weekend. Is it froze over and are there any ducks up there

I thank you all for you help.

Nothing down here where i hunt so i need a last trip of the season.

I was NW of there, but not by far. Not many diving ducks left around where I was, and this is usually diver mecca area. Some cans and buffies I saw, but I didn't all that many goldeneye yet, and I was surprised. Maybe the golden eye are still there or not quite down yet, as I usually see (hear) lots during second deer weekend.

I will say this, it sure looked like most of the lakes, incuding big lakes, were closing in fast. That was Sunday. Good luck whatever you end up doing, hope you find them!

Weekend before last we had some shooting on Minnewaska at Glenwood. This past weekend it was nothing. Saw a few hard core hunters out a few days ago but never heard a shot out of them. We have open water shore to shore but no birds. That may change tomorrow night as low is supposed to be single digits. Sorry to say it's over. Now if you like geese, Morris and west is hot right now, also Herman and NW. Have heard reports of ducks west of Graceville.