Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BeerHunter

Lake Osakis For Ducks

4 posts in this topic

I am just wondering if it is worth the trip up to osakis to try for some divers this weekend. Is it froze over and are there any ducks up there

I thank you all for you help.

Nothing down here where i hunt so i need a last trip of the season.

Cant answer for ya, but I can tell ya this. there were a ton of geese in the air last weekend while i was deer hunting. they were sitting on the north end of the main lake. plus, lots and i mean LOTS more flying high overhead.

I was NW of there, but not by far. Not many diving ducks left around where I was, and this is usually diver mecca area. Some cans and buffies I saw, but I didn't all that many goldeneye yet, and I was surprised. Maybe the golden eye are still there or not quite down yet, as I usually see (hear) lots during second deer weekend.

I will say this, it sure looked like most of the lakes, incuding big lakes, were closing in fast. That was Sunday. Good luck whatever you end up doing, hope you find them!

Weekend before last we had some shooting on Minnewaska at Glenwood. This past weekend it was nothing. Saw a few hard core hunters out a few days ago but never heard a shot out of them. We have open water shore to shore but no birds. That may change tomorrow night as low is supposed to be single digits. Sorry to say it's over. Now if you like geese, Morris and west is hot right now, also Herman and NW. Have heard reports of ducks west of Graceville.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Google;   Sayyid Qutb  and you can then read and decide on your own where and how todays Islamic Fundamentalists originated. 
    • Also check out discount ramps dot com
    • Hotspot outdoors of course!
    • Money to be made, and the cold war (you remember the cold war, right?) was the reason we did various things.    Go read about Stalin and his successors to see why we were worried about the Soviet Union.   What we did might or might not have turned out like we hoped but that doesn't change what the situation was.   
    • Dave, your economist wants immigrants to meet requirements like posting a bond or having assets.  Why should they do that when they can just come in with nothing through the porous borders?   Isn't the argument about open borders vrs controlled immigration?   Would the 11 million undocumented have to go back home and post a bond?     If the US through its political process decides to allow immigrants, that's cool.    But that is not what we have now.   Better pick that mike back up.  
    • I'm still trying to figure out why we pushed the coup in Ukraine, other than to cause trouble of course.
    •   Ditto, almost exactly the same. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on decoys if your just starting.
    •   To tell you the truth. I have never cleaned a cottontail ever that didn't have flees all over them in the winter. So I just stop hunting them and went for Snowshoes which are bigger and never found flees on them, oddly?
    •   Seems the hares are down from when I was younger but the cottontails seem plentiful enough. I popped these with a 20 gauge shotgun while grousing
    • I use to go for Snowshoes a lot in the winter with a scoped 22. It was fun sneaking through the pines looking for them. See the little black eye and "bing".  Seems like they just fell off the face of the earth for many years so I just gave up trying for them. I'm sure with the big "Down with Fur" thing and not many taking out as many Fox and Yotes by trapping it really took a hit on the bunnies!  I wrote the DNR back a few years ago and asked them about it and he said: we really don't manage the Rabbits at all. And he gave me the old "Grouse BS". Their just at the bottom of their 10 year cycle!   Seems to always be their answer!
  • Our Sponsors