• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Berry Storm

Central Bassman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: hanson
Shack-

I'm trying to download Opera Mini web browser to see if that changes things. For some reason, its not sending the SMS to my BB so I'm going to try a straight download to the computer and then load to the BB.

From what I've read, that should really boost the speed of the browser as well. We'll see. Hopefully solve my clicking problem.

No doubt this thing is more fun than a regular phone. wink

You should see my TWSS app. TWSS (Thats What She Said) from Michael Scott of The Office. Just click the screen and one of many Thats What She Said quotes will play. grin

Next on the list is probably Guitar Hero Mobile and I found a cool Duck Hunting game as well.

Hanson, when you open your BB Browser, Click the BB Menu button then go to > Options > Browser Configuration > Then make sure the Browser Identification is set to Blackberry and not IT or Firefox. This should fix your issues when trying to Download OTA.

Got it to work this morning. Guess there are 3 ways to download an app and I forgot about the most obvious, from the phone. grin I was trying to download from the Opera site from my computer by having it send a link to my phone. Never did get the links. Then I browsed to the Opera site on my BB Browser, clicked download and voila. Piece of cake! Works great!

I had Nextel/Sprint for almost 8 years up until about 3 weeks ago. I lost it, never found it, so I decided to jump ship to VZW. I loved my 2 way, but just as sled stated, you go up north or off the interstates and such you get no signal, no roaming or anything. Sometimes I would sit in my house and drop calls to no bars. I couldnt deal with it anymore but other than the coverage area I liked Nextel

Quote:
The G1 isn't even close to the Iphone, The G1 is way to heavy and i don't like the slide up to get to the keyboard. I think i would go with the Behold before the G1.

yeah, the G1 is a bit heavier. All these smart phones(Iphone3G, G1, Storm) have their +'s, -'s, and similarities. The Iphone3G does take the cake...for now anyway.

Heres what each one has to offer. Clash of the touch-screen titans.

Still liking my Storm.

I've got Memory Cleaner and BattPull installed and scheduled to run in the early morning to "reset" the phone and clean the memory overnight. So far, this has been working great for the performance of the phone. This seams to be a very common problem for Storm owners. One app, problem solved!

Now if I could just freakin' tap fast enough to get past a few songs on Guitar Hero World Tour, I'd be all set. grin

Still liking my Storm.

I've got Memory Cleaner and BattPull installed and scheduled to run in the early morning to "reset" the phone and clean the memory overnight. So far, this has been working great for the performance of the phone. This seams to be a very common problem for Storm owners. One app, problem solved!

Now if I could just freakin' tap fast enough to get past a few songs on Guitar Hero World Tour, I'd be all set. grin

Hanson,

try chaning your Tap Intervals then.

Go to

Options > Screen / Keyboard > Towards the Bottom is Tap Interval

I have mine set to:

Tap Interval: 500

Hover Period: 1000

Swipe Sensitivity: High 6

Try that and see if that helps or you can always screw around with the settings to see what suites you best.

I texted the code to get Guitar Hero, but where do you go to Get the game? I cant find the right spot to download it? Thanks

NVM i Got it. If you need some free apps shoot me an email for a list of free apps that are available OTA