Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Central Bassman

Black Berry Storm

60 posts in this topic

Friday the new Black Berry Storm will be release for Verizon Wireless, Is anyone thinking of getting this new phone?? I have had a chance to look and play with this phone, it is AWESOME!!! The phone has a lot of good features long with being Black Berry's first touch screen.

I'm not a fan of touch screens. There is definitely something to be said about tactile feedback. I'm not in the market for a smartphone, but if your company will pay for it knock yourself out.

I don't care for touch screens either. I think using a Mogul (HTC-6800) ruined me of that, although it could just be Windows Mobile that turned me off from touch screens too. The operating system is not built for touch screens, IMO. Anyway, I'm holding onto my Blackberry Curve until the Niagra comes out next year.

The Storm should be a big hit with those who don't have the iPhone option/ATT service or like the BB OS better. BB has almost 50% of the smart phone market so I'm sure there are a lot of loyal BB users that have been waiting for this.

Window operating system are junk!!! There is really only a few reason to get a windows OS phone but a Palm or BB OS is the way to go. You are correct the storm will be a great phone and verizon is going to be selling a lot of them come friday!!

buyers beware. Black berry storm doesnt have wifi.

I have an iphone and I wouldnt trade it for anything. Gotta have my wifi!

You have wifi in the Iron Range?

I can't think of any situations where I could use it. People who travel may find it useful I suppose, but I guess I'm not sure of it's usefulness with the data speeds available now anyway. Granted they aren't as fast, but they are sufficient and not as touchy if you aren't in a "hot spot". My Mogul has Wi-fi and I've never needed it, nor know of a place where it'd work regardless. I'm sure if one spent a lot of time in a metro area it would be nice at times.

You are correct Slednecks but what is so good about wifi?? Yes you can connect for free to really anyones wireless but that doesn't do much when you travel a lot for work.

3G data speeds are horrendously bad relatively speaking. It is only a few times faster than 56k unless you have a perfect signal to allow for the optimum data rates. You'll have noticeable load times on images and emails with attachments. WiFI will let you operate at normal computer network speeds, so long as you are within a network.

Networks should be moving to 4G in the near future. Well, actually it'll probably be the late 2010 timeframe, whereas Europe and Asia will likely have full adoption before the US even starts (the US lags well behind Asia and Europe in the telecommunications industry to the the virtual monopoly of the big carriers. In Europe you may have 50 different choices for phone, cable, or cell phone service).

well said Vahn!!! Wifi is a great tool to have because it does run at a much faster speed the all 3G networks. It all depends on how you look at it, wifi does nothing for me when i'm on the go all the time and live in the country. Japan is so far ahead of use when it comes to wireless world. You can buy a can of pop using your cell phone out of a vending machine in japan and it takes it out of your checking!!!

do you know what wifi is?

Yes, but don't see much use for it when speaking of cell phones around here.....unless you have some ideas that I'm not aware of?

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
do you know what wifi is?

Yes, but don't see much use for it when speaking of cell phones around here.....unless you have some ideas that I'm not aware of?

YUP!!!

I've read a couple of reviews of the Storm, and it's not very good at all. Very clunky. But I guess if you can't have an iPhone....

I've read both good and bad reviews which is not surprising. It seems that those who gave it bad scores had phones that did not have the latest version of the OS. The newer revision OS has worked out some of the lag and bugginess that some are reporting with their phone right out of the box.

what the music storage capacity on the storm?

It comes with an 8gb microSD card. In the future larger cards may be available. Or you could just buy another 8GB card online (~$25) and swap them if you needed more.

8gb of memory should be enough for post people, 2,000 songs!!! The storm went out the door fast wow!!! I will have to look around tomorrow for reviews!!

i got the new storm.

Pretty nice so far. Except one of the keys already chiped on the bottom. frown

there will probably be new iphone imitations coming out every month

The iPhone is actually an intimation of the LG Prada... But as I said before Americans are unaware of that because these technologies go to Asian and European markets first.

It's amazing how far we are behind Asia and Europe. Or maybe how far the big 3 is screwing cellphone users of the US. Man, there are so awesome, sleek, user friendly, stylish cellphones out there that you'll never see.

Check this out. I don't know if I'd have the nerve to try this on a new phone!