• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Berry Storm

Central Bassman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care for touch screens either. I think using a Mogul (HTC-6800) ruined me of that, although it could just be Windows Mobile that turned me off from touch screens too. The operating system is not built for touch screens, IMO. Anyway, I'm holding onto my Blackberry Curve until the Niagra comes out next year.

The Storm should be a big hit with those who don't have the iPhone option/ATT service or like the BB OS better. BB has almost 50% of the smart phone market so I'm sure there are a lot of loyal BB users that have been waiting for this.

You have wifi in the Iron Range?

I can't think of any situations where I could use it. People who travel may find it useful I suppose, but I guess I'm not sure of it's usefulness with the data speeds available now anyway. Granted they aren't as fast, but they are sufficient and not as touchy if you aren't in a "hot spot". My Mogul has Wi-fi and I've never needed it, nor know of a place where it'd work regardless. I'm sure if one spent a lot of time in a metro area it would be nice at times.

3G data speeds are horrendously bad relatively speaking. It is only a few times faster than 56k unless you have a perfect signal to allow for the optimum data rates. You'll have noticeable load times on images and emails with attachments. WiFI will let you operate at normal computer network speeds, so long as you are within a network.

Networks should be moving to 4G in the near future. Well, actually it'll probably be the late 2010 timeframe, whereas Europe and Asia will likely have full adoption before the US even starts (the US lags well behind Asia and Europe in the telecommunications industry to the the virtual monopoly of the big carriers. In Europe you may have 50 different choices for phone, cable, or cell phone service).

well said Vahn!!! Wifi is a great tool to have because it does run at a much faster speed the all 3G networks. It all depends on how you look at it, wifi does nothing for me when i'm on the go all the time and live in the country. Japan is so far ahead of use when it comes to wireless world. You can buy a can of pop using your cell phone out of a vending machine in japan and it takes it out of your checking!!!

I've read both good and bad reviews which is not surprising. It seems that those who gave it bad scores had phones that did not have the latest version of the OS. The newer revision OS has worked out some of the lag and bugginess that some are reporting with their phone right out of the box.

It's amazing how far we are behind Asia and Europe. Or maybe how far the big 3 is screwing cellphone users of the US. Man, there are so awesome, sleek, user friendly, stylish cellphones out there that you'll never see.