• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting Carver Rapids Unit?????????

Christopher Quast

does anyone from here deer hunt down there and if so what could I expect this weekend for pressure and what was your experience like when you hunted it?

My dad is going with me for the first time in many years and

want him to shoot a buck to keep the flame going for him.

Thanks in advance

Could anyone give me any pointers what areas to head for via email?

I have hunted that unit quite a bit without a lot of success over the years. There is always lots of sign but as they clear-cut much of that area years ago along the river, much of the area is covered in a very dense Popular brush/marsh thicket. The deer seem to like to hunker down in that Popular thicket and aren't in any hurry to come out. Both the northern and southern sections of the unit are good for deer. If they're duck/geese hunters in the northern part..head south towards Jordan...because the deer already have. Good luck.

Bring your full body armor if you do down there.

We were fishing in that general vicinity one day this weekend and had a large group of hunters that I was convinced were reenacting the OK Corral.

They denied shooting towards the river, but I know what it sounds like having a slug whiz by overhead. I seriously have never heard so many shots fired to take one doe (20 shots at the very least).