• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill Hideout for Spearing

buzbunni

I was wondering what you expert's thought of the Frabill Hideout as a portable shelter for spearing?

I have never been spearfishing before, and so I have no idea of the possible pros and cons.

I do have a couple of ice shelters (clam scout, and canvascraft Nopac 2-man), but I thought this might serve better for spearing than my canvascraft house.

I was thinking that I could make a 4x8 suitcase, but I think the Hideout would be easier to manage (weight, pulling, etc.). The available open space is 16"x72". I guess this might be tad narrow, but at least there is one large open spot, and not small cut-outs like most suitcase style shelters.

One negative aspect is that you would be limited to spearing from only one side. Do most spearers have 360degree access around the hole?

It the end I may stick with my canvascraft, but since the inside is white, I was thinking of getting the Hideout.

Canvas Craft is goign to be a tought house to beat when it come to suit cases. But if you have the white inside, it might not be that bad becuase its all insulated. I would want to have it black in there, so you might have to go a different route.

As fas as the hole, everyone cuts there holes on one side ofthe house, becuase that sideis goign to have all water on it, so the other side of the house is all space to put all the stuff you need in the house.