• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Binos

Scott Stein

i posted this in the deer-bear section too......hey guys im going to buy a pair of binoculars tonight for our trip for montana tomorrow-sat just wonderin what brand not swarovski or anything spendy im only 17 looking to spend between 70-145 preferably 10X50

nikon action, or action extreme which is waterproof. have a pair of the extremes in 12x50. teriffic nockers! incredibly clear and zoom right in there.

for the money, i have to believe that nikon makes by far the best optics out there!

I bought a pair of Bushnell Trophy's this year and have been very happy with them. They aren't 10x50 but 8x42's and they also come in 10x42. I got them at Gander for 129 and I think they are worth every penny. I looked at the Nikon Actions and thought they were nice but were a little big for what I was looking to use them for.

well i bought Bushnell Powerviews 60 onsale for 50 first pair of binos ive ever boughten not to bad to for the money next time somethin a little more fancy i got the crooked horn straps too these should wrk ok for what i need em for glassin in montana and using them in goose blind

Read up Minox glass it will flat out perform any of the name brand it will run around $180.00 but these will last you a life time and then some. Minox are rubber coated with reinforced armored housing with more light gathering ability then the box store styles.

Nikon and others are all made by the same company out of Japan. The glass is the same it is the housing quality that is different.

I would seriously also considering dropping down to 8x42 of similar 10x is nice for long glassing but when you start to shake it is very noticable no matter what type of glass.

I use 8x for everything from the woods to plains antelope to mountain hunts works well.