• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Equipment holder for ATV

buddha

Just got an ATV and fired up to use it for ice fishing. What do the rest of you use for holding your auger and what type of rack do you have to hold your other equipment like buckets and things like that. I have a Yukon but I don't like hauling everything in that if I can help it. Any advice on what's worked is helpful. Thanks,

I just made one out of plywood and 2x2. Just took everything and laid it out and built a box around it. Works great holds three buckets, flasher, auger and heater. Just starp it on the back of the 4 wheeler and away we go. I leave it on there trailing also, I have lids for my buckets. Doesn't look as fancy as the other ones out there, but it fits the budget. Good luck.

I cut a 5 gallon bucket in half and zip tied it to my front rack. I use that as my bucket holder. I have an auger holder on the back. That is it. I can get my rods and jigs, along with my Vex into my bucket. I salt my own minows so I never have live bait. It doesn't look like much but I like to go with as little as possible so I can jump around a whole bunch. 2 inches on a little lake I fish near home. Should be at least a solid 3 if not more this weekend.!!!!!!!!

Hey Buddha

I sold my sled and replaced it with an ATV this year. I have been having a blast getting it set up for ice fishing. I drag around an Otter Cabin. As for carrying my Auger, I also went with the Mad Dog "V" mounts. It's pretty cheap - got mine at FF - and seems to hold it pretty tight.

Have fun with your ride.

Thanks for all the ideas, now I have some things to think about. I have a 2-up from Can-Am so I like the idea of putting things in front and keeping the seat in back for my fishing partners. Looking forward to ice, let's hope for COLD!!!