• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings Defensive Line Suspension?

Craigums

I think the Williams boys will end up missing 4 games following this weekends game. The drug policy doesn't leave much room for interpretation of intent. I have a feeling they will be suspended and perhaps the wording of the rule may be addressed in the offseason.

Allen I think will be playing. They want him to come in to defend his actions on 2 late hits. I think they just want to figure out his intentions through a face to face meeting. I don't think any of his hits were malicious, probably not clean following the letter of the law but I don't think he meant to hurt anyone. Once the league sees that they might fine him but I doubt they will suspend him.

I actually don't mind if the williams boys get suspeneded for my own selfish reasons. I have M. Turner on my fantasy team and when we play Atlanta I will be in the playoffs so I would rather have Turner running against our back ups instead of the Williams Wall.

Jared is meeting today and there is a good chance he might be gone for a game or 2. The Williams boys are meeting on Thursday and they will more than likely be on vacation for a few weeks.

You can put a fork in this team, they are all done for the year.

G.C.

jared won't miss any time, players have gotten away with worse and received no suspension. you can't stop on a dime, neither of his hits were intentional.

the williams boys took a pill that the NFL had told them was from a company that was legit. its a little different situation than with most players. i think they get suspended, but i think 4 games is too high.

NFL NOTEBOOK

Vikings

As three Minnesota defensive linemen travel to New York this week to meet with the NFL, they could be bringing the Vikings' playoff fate with them.

Jared Allen, Pat Williams and Kevin Williams will meet with league officials in hopes of avoiding suspensions that would gut the team's biggest strength.

The Williamses will appear to discuss testing positive for a weight-loss diuretic that is on the list of substances banned by the league. They face four-game suspensions for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Allen will be there to talk about a hit on Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers two weeks ago that could leave him vulnerable to a suspension because it came two days after he was fined $50,000 for hits on Houston's Matt Schaub.

this is football, and if you cant take a hit, then get out and move on. Pretty soon there going to be down by contact like touch football.

But there is no need for a cheap shot that could break a players neck or bones on purpose. Nothing wrong with playing but, going after another to end his season is wrong and they should be kicked out for the remainder of the season.

Cheap shots is not playing football.

It is literally impossible to stop your momentum once you get going in football. I've seen the shots that Allen had on these guys and they weren't cheap. His job description is to sack/hurry/disrupt the quarterback. He's being double teamed most passing plays and if he gets thru these he's being picked up by the running back before he gets to the Q-Back. Oh by the way, he has approximately 3-4 seconds to do this. He starts letting up and everyone will call him out about taking plays off like Moss. The NFL needs to chill out with all these fines being handed out each week---it's a joke.

The NFL has fined, but not suspended, Vikings defensive end Jared Allen for his hit on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Allen

Vikings coach Brad Childress said the league informed the team that Allen was being fined $25,000 for the hit in the Nov. 9 game, when Allen went unblocked and had a free run at Rodgers. Moments after Rodgers released the ball, Allen hit him high and knocked him down, drawing a roughing-the-passer penalty.

"Obviously, if it was going to happen, it was going to happen," Allen said of the fine Wednesday.

The hit on Rodgers concerned the NFL enough for it to summon Allen to New York on Tuesday to discuss his recent hits against quarterbacks.

Allen was fined $50,000 for two low hits in Week 9 on Texans quarterback Matt Schaub, whose knee injury turned out to be worse than expected. Schaub probably won't be available until the final two weeks of the season because of a medial collateral knee injury.

When Allen received that fine, he was warned he could face possible suspension if he had any future questionable hits. Allen said Wednesday that he was not planning on changing his style of play.

"No, nothing that happened was intentional. Most of those hits I was falling to the ground and I try to pull up," he said. "I'm not going to change the way I play. I'm going to play hard from snap to whistle and keep playing football."

Asked if he believed the league was getting away from the game itself, Allen said: "Obviously I have personal opinions about it, but I'll keep those to myself. The way I look at it is I told my side of the story and they told me what they thought was going on. We were able to see eye-to-eye and get a better understanding from both sides. I'm just going to go out and keep playing football the way I play football."

Rodgers said he didn't think Allen was trying to hurt him, and noted that he and Allen joked about the big hit immediately after the play.

"I respect Jared Allen," Rodgers said Wednesday in Green Bay. "I don't think that was a malicious hit at all. We actually joked about it afterwards. I know he was fined for the Schaub hit as well. In no way to I think it was intentional or did he want to hurt me. But the rules are the rules, and that's about all I'm going to say."

Childress appeared to be optimistic Allen will be able to play this week against the Jacksonville Jaguars, despite a third-degree shoulder separation. Allen is expected to be limited in practice, but he hasn't missed any games since suffering the injury.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. Information from ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert and The Associated Press was used in this report.