• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishtrap scout lite weekend mod

Harp

Fishtrap lite Scout weekend mod basement project

Where is the Ice?? for the madian voyage?

Trap001.jpg

Rods to the left

Trap003.jpg

Carry heater under seat, summer trolling battery for power, bucket, tackle, tunes.

Trap004.jpg

Trap006.jpg

Place for tipups spare 1LB propane behind box

Trap008.jpg

That white knob is for the door.

Trap007.jpg

Here fish ready with the turf, cup holders, lights x 2 and 12 volt plugin running on crosscountry skis.

Harp

Yep 2x2 ya could go lighter but between bouncing around and my kids climbing back there to explore builder to last? I put the heavy stuff to the rear battery and fish bucket it pulls around the basement carpet easy? Next to the lake!!

Harp

The wood & materials 10 maybe all the equipment with that big battery 30 more. But I know from pulling kids in the sled put the weight in the back and they pull nice. She is a manpowered unit out to the magic spot.

Harp

Great job on the Mod's. I like the short skis on the bottem - Does that make a big difference in deeper snow?

I've got a FT Pro with Hyfax runners, and when the snow gets deeper it plows a lot of snow instead of riding on top. Gets to be way more work pulling by hand then it should.

I haven't pulled this one yet she is a prototype but I had a fishing equipment box I built 20 year ago and some old ski's had worked on there well. Adding any weight to a dragging a sled I thought the bottom of the sled to be the weak link in long term use and like you say plowing snow.

HARP