• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Car starters

My car starter doesn't work anymore.The battery in the remote is fine.Does any one know if there is a fuse or easy fix? It's a Valet brand. Would it be worth bringing in to fix or would a new one be the same price. I bought the truck used, it's an 05 Tahoe. Any good places other than Best Buy ect. to go?

I'd call around and see who works on that brand of starter before considering a new one. It may be repairable (computer glitch, sensor failure).

My Astro start stopped working and it needed some kind of re-calibration or something. I let the dealer fix it..very quick fix whatever it was. wink

I would google the type of car starter and call the company. They usually have techs that will talk to you on the phone for ideas, or they can tell you where the closest dealer is.

Just be glad that when it decided to not work, it didnt just hold the starter on, and wreck the starter and flywheel. I have seen that a few times!

No that's the name on the remote.I know what your saying though.It does work every once in a while. Just not when it's cold out it seems. crazy

No, there's a switch, it's called a "valet switch" on some models. Shack realizes your brand is a Valet brand starter, but there's a switch that bypasses the system, on older models, usually up under the dash.

Go figure,I'm walking away pushing the unlock button accidentaly and then I push the remote start button instead of the lock button and it starts up! It works when it wants to, I tried again later by pushing the unlock button then the start button a couple times then it started so I don't know.

I've got a Bulldog remote starter that yesterday stopped working. The Red LED lights up so I'm not sure if its out of batteries. The second FOB auto starter we got (2nd of 2) never worked since we bought the truck in March. Time to get new batteries or call Dealer Automotive Services?

Quote:
The Red LED lights up so I'm not sure if its out of batteries.

I assume you are talking about on the remote, correct?

The more I think about it, a very low charge, weak battery could be an issue.

If you have not done it since you got the vehicle, I would change out batteries in both remotes, look on-line or call DAS and figure out how to reprogram the FOB's (remotes).

Any one ever have a Bulldog remote start system FOB that has lost it's program before (on it's own or while changing battery)?