Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinChad

Tip-up Alarms?

14 posts in this topic

I am looking for something that will alert me in the fish house when a flag goes up. A guy I work with has something he bought that does this, but it was 30 bucks and only has a sensor for 1 flag. Anybody have any suggestions for something that will work for at least 2 or maybe 3 flags?

Strike Sensor is the way to go. You get a pager that stays with you and the alarm goes on the tip up. The is a code just like a garage door opener that you punch in and you can have as many alarms as you want as long as you have the same code punched in. It works up to 800 feet away. Thats what I have been using for the last 3 years.

I am looking for something that will alert me in the fish house when a flag goes up. A guy I work with has something he bought that does this, but it was 30 bucks and only has a sensor for 1 flag. Anybody have any suggestions for something that will work for at least 2 or maybe 3 flags?

Mabe buy 2 or 3 of them... wink

Buy the strike sensor it is magnificent. You only need one of the pagers. They sell just the sensors seperately. Currently i have one pager that takes care of four sensors. 2 for me 2 for my lady.

I saw a set up last year that I want to try this year in my house. It was a wireless battery doorbell system (you can buy them at any lumberyard/hardware store. They come with two buttons that you just need to attach one to the flagpole and the other to a something like a "L" bracket so when the flag is up they make contact and it rings the doorbell in the house. Looked easy to set-up. Man I should get on this myself.

Frabill Artic Siren. Loud enough to hear from 200 feet away, Flashing led's on the top for night time viewing,15.00 at Joe's

I'm getting a strike sensor this year.

I got a cheaper version, Flag Alert by Nature Vision, last year. It worked, but is tricky at times turning on and off. Sometimes it was hard to tell if the thing was turned off.

The clip-on alarms that light up when the flag goes vertical work nicely at night when you can see your tip-up.

How far away can you be from your tip-up legally?

In Minnesota 200Ft. That means 200 ft at anytime. You can't set your tip-ups 200 ft away from you in different direction's and sit in the middle. If you go to one tip you would then be 400 ft away from the other tip-up.

So, you must be with-in 200 ft. of your tip-ups at all times.

Note from Admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.

I have used and own the Strike Sensors and have had very good luck with them.

Another vote for Strike Sensor. Only problem I've had with them is the cold is hard on the batteries.

i've made my own lighted tip-ups in the past. usind the insulated tip-ups with the little tackle storage area, by using small trailer clearance lights a nine volt battery and wire bent over the flag to make a swith. when the flags up the light comes on. total cost about 6 bucks