• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow

Brade04

Well there is a lot of good started bows out there for sale but you must now what you are looking for. What I would do first is take your son out to some archery shops and shoot some bows. Then i would find out what poundage he can shoot and what brand he likes and can shoot. All bows can be set up to any one by changing the limbs and cams to fix the draw length. Then you can go on line and start looking but this is just to help you find what you might be looking for. But my-self I stay with the local shops and support them and when I need some thing they have it. When it comes time to upgrade they can take your bow in on casement and help with the new set up. I hope your search is fun and you find what you are looking for. Every one might say name brands that they use but I have been Bow shooting for over 30 years and with the new bows out there they are all about the same but some are lighter than others. so take him out shooting and take your time. Hope you find what he can shoot and he keeps at it practice,Practice makes a good shooter. Well good luck and have a great day.

Good advice. A local pro shop is always your best bet. The worst thing you could for your son is buy a bow that doesn't fit him and isn't any fun to shoot. A local shop can also get him started with a few lessons to get him on the right track right away.

There are many good bows on the market today in your price range that are highly adjustable so he can shoot it for several years to come.

if your around St.Cloud by chance at all go to archery country.There are plenty of bows to look at and shoot. have him try a bunch of them and see what fits him best. theres a range and a hunt simulator there that he can try the bows out. theres good customer service and decent prices.