Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Lane

New Humminbird Flashers

I was at Joe's Sporting goods last weekend to check out the new Humminbird Ice flashers. On the box you get a lot of features, and power for the same amount you would pay for a vexilar or marcum.

I was hoping to get someone elses opinion on the new flashers, and whether taking a chance on a new Humminbird would be a good idea, when vexilar and marcum are a bit more time tested.

take a humming birs and a vexilar to the bait tank at your favorite place and see if you can get the interfearance off the himminbird? then try to clear up the vexilar. i'm gunna try this soon. i wonder what one will do better?

Interference rejection, bottom zoom split screen option, high speed transducer for use with a boat? I did not see any reference to this stuff on the HB HSOforum. I didn't look too hard for this information, but it is stuff I would advertise on the item's main page if it were available. Hopefully santa will bring me an FL-20 for Christmas!

I glanced at these new flashers a while back,I think the hummingbirds are gonna be a good product,but time will tell.Im pretty sure they run on a different frequency than the Vex or Marcum.They do look very nice.

I asked this question on here awhile back. People said they have interference issues. Others said they could even get a reading off the floor with them.

I am a Humminbird guy to the end during open water, but come ice time, you could not pry my LX-5 Marcum from my cold dead hands grin

Hey, it got me fish last season whistle

We tried out my friends new ICE 35 Sunday AM. Thing worked great. It has the large dial face and is very easy to read at a good distance and angles. You could see your jigs and mark fish just like any other flasher. It has zoom, IR,Maybe dual beam?, and a buch other features, but NO high speed trasducer avaible yet, I suspect they will probaly make one. IMHO this unit would really shine in open water too.

I'm like shackbash, I love my LX-5 and can't imagine fishing without it. But those HBs look like liek good units, lots of nice features. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action on the ice.

I am really close to buying one of the HB 55's. Can someone explain the interference issues mentioned above? Any real world experience with this issue?

And what's the difference with the high speed transducer?

My buddy that I fish with all the time has an LX5, so I am just wondering if its going to cause a problem.......

Thanks!

CJH

The HB and Marcum flashers shouldn't have any interference issues between them. First, they operate on different frequencies so that should eliminate interference issues right there. Second, both HBs and Marcums have Interference Rejection so you should be able to fine-tune them as necessary.

The high-speed transducer is just a style of open water transducer, in case you wanted to use the flasher on your boat as well as on the ice.