Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lane

New Humminbird Flashers

14 posts in this topic

I was at Joe's Sporting goods last weekend to check out the new Humminbird Ice flashers. On the box you get a lot of features, and power for the same amount you would pay for a vexilar or marcum.

I was hoping to get someone elses opinion on the new flashers, and whether taking a chance on a new Humminbird would be a good idea, when vexilar and marcum are a bit more time tested.

Talked with a some people about this unit who have tested them. It's seems to be the future. Vexilar and Marcum might have a wake up call.

They do look pretty sweet! I am happy with my lx-5 but maybe I will have to try one out!

One thing that I like about the Humminbird is the digital depth readout in the center. I wish my Marcum had that!

take a humming birs and a vexilar to the bait tank at your favorite place and see if you can get the interfearance off the himminbird? then try to clear up the vexilar. i'm gunna try this soon. i wonder what one will do better?

Interference rejection, bottom zoom split screen option, high speed transducer for use with a boat? I did not see any reference to this stuff on the HB HSOforum. I didn't look too hard for this information, but it is stuff I would advertise on the item's main page if it were available. Hopefully santa will bring me an FL-20 for Christmas!

I glanced at these new flashers a while back,I think the hummingbirds are gonna be a good product,but time will tell.Im pretty sure they run on a different frequency than the Vex or Marcum.They do look very nice.

I asked this question on here awhile back. People said they have interference issues. Others said they could even get a reading off the floor with them.

I am a Humminbird guy to the end during open water, but come ice time, you could not pry my LX-5 Marcum from my cold dead hands grin

Hey, it got me fish last season whistle

We tried out my friends new ICE 35 Sunday AM. Thing worked great. It has the large dial face and is very easy to read at a good distance and angles. You could see your jigs and mark fish just like any other flasher. It has zoom, IR,Maybe dual beam?, and a buch other features, but NO high speed trasducer avaible yet, I suspect they will probaly make one. IMHO this unit would really shine in open water too.

I'm like shackbash, I love my LX-5 and can't imagine fishing without it. But those HBs look like liek good units, lots of nice features. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action on the ice.

I am really close to buying one of the HB 55's. Can someone explain the interference issues mentioned above? Any real world experience with this issue?

And what's the difference with the high speed transducer?

My buddy that I fish with all the time has an LX5, so I am just wondering if its going to cause a problem.......

Thanks!

CJH

The HB and Marcum flashers shouldn't have any interference issues between them. First, they operate on different frequencies so that should eliminate interference issues right there. Second, both HBs and Marcums have Interference Rejection so you should be able to fine-tune them as necessary.

The high-speed transducer is just a style of open water transducer, in case you wanted to use the flasher on your boat as well as on the ice.