• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Discussion

DTro

Are we going to have some type of new KOTC logo hat or something like it for a control item again? You know what would be great is some type of logo glove for a control item. It would photo nice when holding a big flathead and would help prevent flathead rash. It might even help us hold a channel cat before it slaps us up side the head with its tail. Although last year's hat was pretty sweet - I'll buy one of whatever you chose - I'm hoping the KOTC goes on for years and my KOTC Control Item collection will be worth something on Antiques Roadshow in the year 2075.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to try not to peak too early like last year.

Hey, I will peak when ever the cat gods let me grin

After putting some time now since KOTC 2008, it does not matter to me anymore what format we use.

Just bring on the balmy spring and summer nights, a lively bull head and a nice loud clicker cool.

4.W.E., I could have swore you have been in this other years. You have to sign up dude wink

Originally Posted By: wastewaterguru
I am going to try not to peak too early like last year.

4.W.E., I could have swore you have been in this other years. You have to sign up dude wink

Nope, I have been taking it kinda easy the last few years, I have had 3 shoulder surgeries over the last few summers, at times it has held me back from doing much fishing.

I realize that some won't agree with me, but I would hope we can design a control item that won't cost the fisherman too much.

Many are out of work and also low on funds.

I guess that as long as we have an option for those who cannot afford the item to use the normal piece of paper foa a control item.

Just a though as I don't want to see anyone not enjoy this due to added expenses.

The KOTC hat was never a mandatory control item. A guy can still print out the logo on a sheet of paper and use that.

Now the question is, if a KOTC logo'd thong WAS the mandatory control item, would you still wear it?

Well the KOTC thong could get a guy creek 64 or 68 (which ever) all by him self! grin Imagine the flash when that camera goes off whistle.

I just have a hunch, but I would think WWG would be the only one brave enough to use that control item grin

Quote:
Now the question is, if a KOTC logo'd thong WAS the mandatory control item, would you still wear it?

Wonderfull... I can just see it now on the news at 10.. Multiple Samsquatch sitings reported in the MN river valley tonight. Please lock your children indoors when it gets dark out. grin

Been reading through the posts, and this contest sounds interesting! An opportunity to meet fellow FMer's and also fish is a great combination!

Yep, a great combination it is. And it even let's old guys and new guys talk the same amount of trash. Just a good all around group of guys.....

most of them anyway!!

Well, I've been cruising the river(not the parking lots) in the TC metro for the last 10 years. I've decided to uproot and take the family to the Fargo area. I still plan on giving KOTC a shot in the channel division again this year.

I have done really well in Grand Forks. Does anyone pull any hogs from the Fargo/Moorhead area? Who should I be talking to?

I really enjoyed the individual contest this last year. I cycled about 6 guys through my boat. A team would not have been possible for me.

Good luck all!

great forum guys and this year I'm back in the saddle of things meaning I can drive. hope to partake in the action this year as well.

from reading the forums last season I personally wont change a thing. Why fix it if its not broke.

just my .02

hope to see most of you this summer on the river and at cool cats.

I have a few options available this year for control items. I'll probably end up putting it up for a vote when I get the final details.

Just as a feeler, how would you all feel about using a nice micro fiber towel?