• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thin ice on Black Bay on Rainy Lake this morning

merkman

From the Rainy Lake forum....

HEY FMERS,

WITH TEMPS LIKE TODAY....IT WON'T BE LONG!!! A BUDDY OF MINE HAS ALLREADY WALKED OUT IN THE BAY IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE IN BLACK BAY!!! NOT SAFE FOR ME YET, BUT GETTING CLOSE.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Can't wait to get our house out in Black Bay...could be tough visibility with the high water though.

Saw my first spear house this morning west of Bagley on my way to school. 6-7" on the little lakes around Crookston/Mentor.

One of my friends emailed me a picture of a 30 inch 10.5lb walleye caught on a local lake just north of me. 5” of good clear ice. I think he sent it to me to be cruel and knows darn well I can’t cry go fishing. The lake is also good for big grin pike on the west end.

Where in the world did you get a turkey in Winger? Unfortunately after harvest there isn’t enough for the critters to eat being we run CaseIH grin combines and the only fields I see wildlife in are where the other smirk colored combines went.