Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher Quast

Monster Buck my buddy shot by Norwood on public land!!!

57 posts in this topic

I green scored it for him tonite and came up with 170 1/8 twice he has a 20" spread inside and 25" main beams and tip to tip he is still 14 1/2 (no I didnt include this in the score) his mass measurements were all 4" or better.

I couldnt believe the size of this buck when he brought it over it is the biggest one I have ever seen shot around here.

Here is a couple pics after it was caped out.

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

my dad shot a deer pretty much the same exact size as that and it green scored a 172". its amazing how much they look alike! my dad shot his in le sueur county or how you spell that county!

Nice buck. Lets not question if it is a 170 or not. Either way, its a great buck. Looks pretty old with the grey face and stubby nose. Great mass. He could have easily added a few more inches with some brow tines and just about made the B&C record books.

A very nice deer. It is decieving as it does not look to be scoring in the 170's. But, they can measure more than they appear.

Toad. Great beams and mass. The busted g4 takes a few but I don't think he's too far off with the score.

my dad shot his in le sueur county or how you spell that county!

Actually you're the first I've seen in a long time who spelled it correctly minus the capilization.

Nice buck. A true testament they can be found on public lands.

Yes, they are there, but you either have to get lucky, or know where to look. More often than not, it is a very tough hunt to get a trophy whitetail off of public land.

I shot one very similar to that in 91 on public land, never had it scored, maybe I should!!! Looks like mine to a T, I should post a pic. very nice buck by the way!!!

Nice deer- I would have not guessed 170, more like around 145-150 but if its really 170, then it is smile Not many deer like that are taken on Public Land!

Why, Why ,Why do people always have to question the numbers? The guy says its 170 then its 170. You cant tell from the picture, if you dont believe him keep it to yourself. Why cant people just say nice deer!!, and leave it at that. Hope I can get one like that next week in Wisconsin.

Why, Why ,Why do people always have to question the numbers? The guy says its 170 then its 170. You cant tell from the picture, if you dont believe him keep it to yourself. Why cant people just say nice deer!!, and leave it at that. Hope I can get one like that next week in Wisconsin.

exactly! same way on other posts.......everyone has to complain KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.....nice looking buck though