• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Artic Cat 500 Rear Brake Question. or Just brake questions in General

Shawnny B

So my Dad baught this machine used and I used it last year and dug into it, I found that it had some oversized jets for the oversized tires and lift that was in it and when I dug into the brakes, because the rear/foot brake wasnt working, I found it was full of mud/dirt and had frozen up the plunger in the piston. I attempted to find replacement parts as it looks like it has a loose cover on it and that is how the mud got into it. I didnt have any luck finding a replacement/rebuild kit for the thing. Is there anywhere you guys could suggest to find these parts. The whole unit runs about 300 bucks.

Thanks

ShawnnYB

You could try [Admin Note: Please read Forum Policy before posting again. Thanks] they have pretty much any thing you would need to fix cat's. My dad has a 04 ac500 and he hasnt had rear brakes since the day he bought it one of arctic cats flaws is its breaking system