• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March Madness???

LMITOUT

Anybody stay up late and watch Oklahoma-Davidson? I'll be rooting for Stephen Curry this year...would love to see him in a Wolves uni.

Davidson has some good games on its nonconference schedule before they romp through the Southern conference.

Winthrop, last year's Big South Conference Champ

N.C. State and coach Sid Lowe

West Virginia and coach Bob Huggins

12/20 at #10 Purdue

1/7 at #5 Duke

Anybody stay up late and watch Oklahoma-Davidson? I'll be rooting for Stephen Curry this year...would love to see him in a Wolves uni.

Davidson has some good games on its nonconference schedule before they romp through the Southern conference.

1/7 at #5 Duke

Meh.

Davidson had their butts handed to them last night by Duke. Your boy doesn't have the help he had last year and you don't win with just one great player. He has shown this year that his defence is a little suspect and has struggled from the field when they have really needed him to make a big shot.

He can't sneak up on anyone this year, like he did last season. Teams are defending against him much better than last season. He is still a great scorer unfortunately the rest of the team can't score a bucket to save their lives.

Even if he scores 35 a game it isn't enough when nobody else on the team can score in double figures. I think the Wolves would be better off getting T.Hansbough, than just another guard that wants to shoot eveytime he touches the ball.

Unless Davidson plays well in their own conference, we may not see him in the tournament come March. Unless it's in the NIT. JMHO

"Ace" smile

Ace guide service.

Impressive show by Duke. Didn't catch the game. Duke has looked much more well rounded this year than last and should be a good pick to go deep. I'm going to have to catch a few more games. Gotta be getting close to Duke-UNC pretty soon.

Davidson will be in the tourney, they're 3-0 in conference play and are in no danger of missing...They won't need an autobid with their RPI/SOS.

Wolfies are playing better of late, but I'd like to see a guy that can score from anywhere come on board. So if it were Hansbrough or Curry, I'd take Curry. Hopefully there will be better options.

Interesting and worthless piece of information that I remembered last night: I have Stephen Curry's father's shoes! It's a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon type of thing:

I played for and got the shoes from my HS assistant coach, who played with Kevin Lynch at Bloomington Jefferson, who played with Dell Curry at Charlotte, who fathered Stephen Curry. They are Reebok pumps, size 16 in case you are wondering.

Fox Sports North-HD last night.

I just caught the last three minutes and WF did everything they could to let UNC win the game. They're fortunate to get the win for the mistakes they made in those last minutes.

Looks like that #1 ranking will get passed up and down Tobacco road until the tournament starts. Wake has to go to Cameron and there are still two games of Duke-UNC plus the conference tournament.

Great game for the hoops fan. Had everything you'd want in a CBB game. Duke Vitale even called it when he said to watch out for Johnson on the inbounds.

No doubt. WF has beat two #1's now and Clemson which is also a top-10 team. WF is definitely someone to look out for down the stretch.

The game easily could have gone two ways last night. If not for Singler and Henderson WF may have blown Duke right out of the building. In fact, it was looking that way for a while when they stretched it to 11 points or so but Duke came back to tie it up late. On the other hand, if Paulus or Scheyer hit a couple of those three's as they typically do, WF would be the ones playing from behind. Duke shooting 33% last night just wasn't enough and is about the only way another team is going to hang in there with them, and WF barely won even with Duke shooting that poorly.

Should be a fun stretch of games the next month.

How about those Bison!! Right now they're leading the Summit Conference and Joe Lunardi has them as a #14 seed in his Bracketology segment. This team has been four years in the making and purposely arranged to give them a shot at the type of year they are having right now with a strong class of seniors.

LmitOut,

I'm in my last year at NDSU. I've been to a few of their games this year, including when they played the Gophers at Williams. This team is the real deal, and if they get a decent draw in the tournament, could certainly be a cinderella.

Here's why:

-A senior dominated team

-A pointguard who can take over games, and averages 23pt a game

-They're not scared: have beaten Wisconsin (17) and Marquette (8) on the road the past few years

-Haven't had a bad loss this year, lost to USC by 4 on road, Minn when they shot OVER 60% for the game (rediculas)

Lunardi has waffled them between a #13 and #14 lately, I feel if they win out, especially with their bracketbuster game against Wisc-Mil, they'll get a 12 seed, which can be a great spot for a run in the tourney.

Unranked Maryland takes down #3 UNC today in OT!!

The ACC is a mess with every team beating up on the other, yet almost any one of those teams could play in the tourney next month and be competitive. Their overall records will not show what type of teams they really are when it comes to tourney time.

Anybody else watching Mt. St. Marys vs. Robert Morris (I call them Bob Morris because we have a good vibe). What a game so far. Could come down to another nail biter!

Montana St. vs. Portland St. after this game is over. Keep'm coming!