• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fog on visor???

toughguy

What do you do to control fog on your helmets? I like the helmets with a flip up visor but the problem is they always fog up on me. I don't like using goggles because of all the cold air it lets in. I seem to only have problems when its really cold.

I have heard of using fog-x to contol the fogging. Does this work?

Do any of you have heated visors? How well do they work?

Do I have any other options?

The heated Visors are the way to go to "eliminate" the problem but you could try this if you don't want to spend the money. When I used to race, we used to just coat the shield or goggles with Pledge furniture polish. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes and then polish it off. Worked pretty good! The Pledge works awesome for keeping your sled nice and shiny as well!

Great tip safety director! Thanks!

BTW - I went from being not a sled head to having 3 this year, and learning a ton already on maintenance and repair of that old 88. Good learning tool, and great advice I have gotten from many here in the forum. thanks! Bring on the snow already smile

Skidoo modular helmets are great as well but they are not cheap. I rode a sled for one winter with the heated shield it worked great but I always had a problem with pulling the plug out. Once I got the skidoo helmet I would never go back to a heated visor.

Are you using a double sided snowmobile visor and breath shield? For three years I would ride with my motorcycle shield (one layer) just cracked a bit but I used to imagine if I went over 80mph, cant imagine ever doing that...., it would close and the glass would fog up. Now I finally ordered the double layer shield for my motorcycle helmet. Also got the breath guard. Not only do I feel like a fighter pilot, I also never worry about fog or shield falling down while joy riding.

I wear a open face with a deflector and a balavaca(sp) and never worry about getting cold. the feild of vision is better with the open face helmets so thats why I wear one of those and they feel lighter on my gord too..

Another vote here for the modular helmet. Its sort of a cross between regular full face and open face/goggle set up. They arent cheap but after having one theres nothing else I will wear now. no Fog issues just like the goggle set up but still have a shield to keep cold air out and the baseball cap type visor

is really nice when the suns low which is quite a bit this time of year. If you can afford one you wont regret getting it.

I found one on the shelf at a dealer that was left over from the year before for half price at $250. worth every penny.

you may have a shield problem. if any air gets inbetween the double shield, they fog up bad. I had that problem, then went for the heated shield, I pluging the heated shield in a couple times last year, as the new shield worked fine without the heat on. I love the heated shield though, and will stay with that. I have had no problems with the cord as of yet, but it will get the test this year again.