• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CATCH COVERS??

marshmallow

I love them! Have 7 in the current shack, but I think that they were around $20 when I bought them. I can't remember who makes them, but I bought a few at the ice show last year that have a walleye on them. They're a little bigger, and I think that they're easier to get in and out. Maybe someone knows which ones I'm talking about and can offer more info. All I know is that either way, they ARE the way to go!

Of course, there's something to be said about saving over $100 and making your own covers smile IMHO, it's money well spent, though

I seen a house that had blown the sideing and pannleing off.I'm not sure but I bet he had a hole cover lift up and air got into the house as he was pulling it and the air had no were to go but out the sides. I like mine and they fit nice and tigh. 25.00 sounds right.

"Catch Cover" brand hole covers are $16.95 at fishhousesupply.com. A good price from a good company. They can have them shipped to you in just a couple days. These are what I have put in my last 2 houses. I love them and would never build another house without them. Best of all, they're easy to install and extemely durable. They also make sure the carpet around the holes stays secure and looks neat. This is the last corner I would cut to save a little $$$.

Marsh-

Dave and I had the same problem in our first house, turns out you really gotta watch what your doing when you put the cover on, make sure to set it down the first 1/4 inch or so there a little ridge, then if you step on it they seam to just pop into place, I think we messed up a good 2 maybe 3 that way.

just an FYI. As far as the siding blowing out, um we have never had that problem, infact they are pretty air tight. Ive seen videos online where the person's Fish house was so air tight that when they slammed the door the covers would pop up out of the hole.

Stick with the Catch Cover brand, they are the original and made here in Minnesota (with the square handles).

The walleye printed one (with a T-handle) is a copycat version made overseas and has problems with the T-handles breaking off!

The reason people have tight cover lids is because whoever installed them did not zip the screws straight . If you install the screws straight down into the floor, the lids will not bind tight.

i'm in the middle of making a camper (7x12) into fish house and bought the catch covers and sleeves(6 holes). i personally like the look better then just cutting some plywood and using 5 gallon pails. it is how ever more expensive. if your not looking to spend alot of money go with cutting some plywood, slap some carpet on it and use 5gal pails/pvc pipe. you'll save alot of money/ i believe i spent $280 for covers and sleeves