• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 weeks left......

cjac

Season closes on Dec 1st here in MN........weather projections do not look too promising either. Cold hands and breaking equipment is more often than not the report as of late. We're making ice right now in the bays and channels and access areas......

I'm winterized and barring a 40 degree weekend forecast and someone willing to let me tag along, I'm done. Anyone still looking to get out?

If you are, be prepared for frozen and slippery ramps, and above all be safe. Bring kitty litter or sand for the ramp, and a push pole for getting out. Also time to put away the good high-mod graphite rods with the cold and throw the cheaper glass blanks.

Good luck if you're still going!

Rinc,

If it's nice enough, I'll walk down and fish with you the day after Thanksgiving over the lunch hour, I can see my office cube from there, close enough to count as working in my book....

Good luck to you.....

I hope to get out a couple more times. I was out yesterday and a couple of my finger tips still have a 'tingly' feeling in them from being cold. I can handle the temps, but the wind can be a little too much this time of year. Fishing has slowed down a little, but they still have to eat.

Hoping to get out a couple times this week and plan on fishing all of Thanksgiving weekend, hopefully not too much ice by then, might have to swing down to the metro to find some soft water.

Taking a few minutes to thaw out the reels in front of the heater can do wonders in the cold weather. Good luck to everyone who makes it out.

I'll be out to the bitter end, it's not that bad out there. As long as my hands stay warm, the rest of me is warm. With the numbers and size of fish i've been moving, it's easy to keep your mind focused on fishing.

If it is above freezing Ill be out over turkey break either the St. Croix or a metro lake!

Thanks for letting me come out on sunday JRedig, I had a great time despite my hands being numb!

I hunted on BE yesterday and thought about tossing for skis for a bit but even with the blind up, 3 hours of the wind got the best of me so I went home and napped. That said, at least 1/2 of the lake was iced over this AM. Might need to break some ice to get from the access to open water now.

i saw the biggest 'skie I've ever seen myself a week ago, and its been almost killing me not getting out! Its not so much the cold and ice, but studying unfortunately, they like to pile up tests right before break. Hopefully.... once more this weekend, and then maybe 3" of ice by Thanksgiving and chase them through the ice?

looked pretty icey up north this morning. had some work to do in the cities this week so i hit a metro lake this evening. still found plenty of open water - wind sure was cold. not sure if the planned mille lacs turkey day weekend will work out - may end up here in the metro.....

Was out last Friday, seen 2 and boated a FAT FAT 51 X 25.

Out again yesterday and froze my butt off, None seen or boated.

Will be out again Fri for sure and maby Sat or Sun.

Dec 1st the boat may get put away for the year enless the weather gets a bit warmer. There are plenty of Walleyes to catch.

Duck

So with muskies coming to an end, and I have a dying itch to get one maybe two more if it works out! But what do you guys wear for gloves for casting?!?!? or everyone just trolling now? Any input would be great, "I can see my hands man, but I can't feel them, even with the other hand I can't feel it"

So with muskies coming to an end, and I have a dying itch to get one maybe two more if it works out! But what do you guys wear for gloves for casting?!?!? or everyone just trolling now? Any input would be great, "I can see my hands man, but I can't feel them, even with the other hand I can't feel it"

Glacier Gloves-

821BK

THE BEST COLD WEATHER NEOPRENE FISHING GLOVE

Premium 2mm fleece lined neoprene, perfect curve fingers and patented Touch-Rite™ thumb and index finger create our best cold weather fishing glove. Blind stitched and glued for increased comfort and durability.

FLY FISHING, FISHING, ICE FISHING. HUNTING

S, M, L, XL, XXL

$40