• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let me pose a scenario for you guys.

Here is the scenario. A person shoots a buck in a 2 deer area with a bow filling his primary tag. He has in his posession a doe permit for a 1 deer area for the firearms season. Can that doe permit still be used during the firearms season in this situation with the way the seasons and such are set up now???

I don't see why you couldn't The rules state that there is a state wide limit of 5 deer total and 1 deer in a lottery zone. If he got drawn for an antler less tag in a lottery area you can use the tag.

I've had people tell me that you can't because you have 1 primary tag. All the doe permit is doing is saying you can use your primary in that area on a doe and if your primary tag is used on a buck during bowseason that doe permit can't be used. But maybe this isnt right?

Let me clear this up. In a lottery area you can get one buck with your tag. If you draw a doe tag, you can shoot wither. In a managed zone you can get 2 deer, either 1 buck and one doe or 2 does. one doe has to be with a bonus tag. in an intensive harvest area you can get 5 deer one buck and 4 does or option 2; 5 does. all extra deer have to be bonus tags.

Yes I believe it is. He would have had to use his primary license in the lottery area to tag a doe. He used it in the different area on a buck. So now the only thing he can shoot would be an anterless deer in an Intensive or Managed area with a bonus tag.

If you shoot a buck in bow season in a lottary area and didn't draw a doe tag for firearms. You still can go in a manage or intensive harvest area (during bow, firearm or muzz.)with a bouns tag and shot 1 doe in the manage area or in the intensive harvest area and shoot 4 does as long as you stay in the 5 deer quota (1 buck or 4 to 5 does). Just take a look at the regs.

Yes you can take the doe with your firearm license. There is not one "primary" tag between the different licenses. He has taken a buck with bow in a managed area. The firearm license has not been used therefore he can take the doe in the lottery area.

-Hossienda

James, I don't know if I'm understanding your post. You shot a buck in a Management zone with the bow, and you then bought a firearm license and applied for an antlerless permit and got one, is that correct? If that is the case, you can use your antlerless permit in conjunction with your regualar firearm license to take a doe in a lottery area.

I don't know if we are understanding your situation. Is your permit is a bonus permit than the answer is no. If you have a firearm license and an antlerless permit for a lottery zone, you are fine. Please explain what tags you are talking about. I'm not sure if your talking about the bonus, or regular season with a doe permit.