• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone heading out for the 3B season?

We are in a lottery area so I will be cut off at one deer and then it is back to bow hunting. My family almost finished off the first deer I got with the bow so hopefully I will have a little luck on my side this weekend.

Hartner, honk when you drive by, I'm on the corner of 4 and 25 on your way to Elba at the 4 way stop if you are coming from Plainveiw, can't miss the house, you will know which one. Looking forward to a great 3B. I think its going to be pretty good. Lots of crops are getting taken out as we speak. I'm getting pumped.

I will be in town during the school hour so I will give a honk by the school. My relatives live off of 4th right next to the house that puts up all of the inflatable decorations in the front yard. Hopefully I can swing by and show ya a big one on the way out of town.

My wife and I said that all through High School, it came up for sale and we bought it. Too bad that 10 acre pasture isn't 10 acres of woodland connected to another 100 acres. I'd hunt out my back door and be in heaven.

Trigger,

I drove by your house every day I hunted down there. I think you might have even been outside the one day I drove by. I hunt about 2-3 miles away. Go towards Elgin and take the first left. I saw 2 nice bucks opening morning, and as of last Thursday they were still running. There is also a monster that has been seen there.

I might be going down that way when muzzleloading starts.

Good luck in 3B

Cool, I was outside alot last weekend. Living there I get to see all the big bucks in the back of trucks when they stop at the 4 way going to and from Elba. I had hit a buck opening morning with the bow so I was done hunting early. It wasn't a good hit and I know it wasn't lethal, went out later and looked for but found both halves to the arrow and I know that I just grazed its back, so he is still running with a sore back, but anyway, thats why I was home. Normally I would have been gone for most of the day. Saw quite a few large deer go by. Jim, you are hunting on some great ground. There are some nice bucks around. When you hunted I'm sure there was a lot of corn in the area yet, it is really getting picked at a good rate right now, thats why I think 3B will be good. I also bought a ML and am looking forward to all that season as well if I don't shoot a big buck during 3B. All that great buck land around me and I'm going driving 25 miles to hunt private land in Wabasha with my family. Going to be fun, can't wait.

Yes there was way too much standing corn. We did not even see a deer last Friday. They had just started to pick the corn friday morning. Hopefully they have more corn out by this weekend.

The only bad thing where we hunt is that the corn keeps them around. Once the corn is picked, we do not see that many. They all go into the park where they are safe.

I'm taking off at 10am and wanted to wish everyone good luck this weekend. Shoot straight and hopefully next week I'll see some great pictures on here from you guys. If anyone is down in Elba swing into Johnnys for the Vikes game and say hi and grab some free food, we always sit at the pool table.