Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CodyDawg

A cause for concern?

108 posts in this topic

From the National Shooting Sports Foundation:

OBAMA'S JOB APPLICATION INCLUDES GUN OWNERSHIP QUESTIONS . . . If you want a job in the Obama administration and you own a gun, you may be out of luck. Here is Question No. 59 on the application: "Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage." The question implies that there is a national gun registration, which is, of course, not true. "The question demonstrates that this administration does not truly respect the Second Amendment," said NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane. "It seems the message is 'Gun Owners Need Not Apply.'"

No Cody don't you remember the people all told us he's good for us and the NRA was wrong that he's not an anti-gun candidate. Don't question the Chosen One...

O Boy this is going to be a hot one I think. My thaught is that Im not worried about the guns in my house. I doubt that Obama will try to take any of them. He will just make new gun buys and ammo so exspencive that we won't be able to buy or shoot them. What goods a nice pile of wood for the camp fire with out a way to light it?????? I'd get out there and get at least a few boxes of shells for each gun you own now before it really costs you!!!!!!

Yea, I don't know if that's true or not. If it is, then it's for sure a sign of things to come.

Sounds more like a Standard Security Question to me...nothing less than what one would expect when applying to work with the President...

If you've purchased a New Firearm from a Store, since 1964...your Gun is Already Registered... cry

They ain't Makin' the Call after you fill out the Form...for Nuttin'... shocked

Well gun sales are up in a down economy. That alone should say something. Obama may just have the gal to test the power of the NRA and push the limits of the second amendment.

That question does raise issues. It makes the Obama administration come across as very anti-gun. Sounds like they are opening the door for discrimination against gun owners.

Lets just hope the Supreme Court protects the second amendment from any attempts by President Obama to infringe upon it.

If you've purchased a New Firearm from a Store, since 1964...your Gun is Already Registered... cry

They ain't Makin' the Call after you fill out the Form...for Nuttin'... shocked

I beg to differ. My very first NEW gun was a 870 express magnum I purchaed at 17 years old from a truevalue hardware store in 1981.

But I do notintend to hijack the thread.

Buy ammo, and guns too very soon as I see the price of both going up ALOT in the very near future.

Quote:
Here is Question No. 59 on the application: "Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

I would think they have been asking this question for years and if not it is a good question (IMO) to be asking when forming a cabinet. It is not like they are applying for a job down at the local grocery store or Super America crazy.

Just another scare tactic that a gun organization uses to try and get new members to sign up and to me (if this is indeed true) degrades these organizations like the National Shooting Sports Foundation to a point.

I am not going to bite.

"Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun?" Answer: yes many.

If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Answer: NA

Has the registration ever lapsed: Answer, NA

Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

Answer: Nine firearms in total used by myself and family members for hunting, target shooting, and personal protection.

None of which have been involved in personal injury or property damage. There is one exemption where its history is unknown before it came into private ownership. That would be a military surplus bolt action 303 British used in WWI. I don't hold that against it though as its been a very peaceful firearm since I've owned it.

IF all presidents ask these questions, why is it only coming out now? Aren't the people "Applying" for these jobs already part of the gov't? I've never filled out an application for a job that has asked me anything like this. Does he ask his security the same thing? Maybe they shouldn't carry guns?

Here's a few questions that probably did not make the survey:

Have you or anybody in your family attended any fundraisers or associated with any admitted bombers of federal buildings or police stations?

Have you or anybody in your family accepted funds from a convicted criminal?

Have you or anybody in your family attended birthday parties of any known radical Muslim leaders?

Let's see how quickly those questions get answered!

I wouldn't get them panties in a bunch and read to much into info at this level. We vote again in a little under 4 years and folks aren't going to give up their guns anytime soon. I don't think prices are going up that much more with our current economy. Maybe if we stop burning through bullets spreading our good will, supply and demand might work to our favor.

"We know that his record in Illinois was nearly 100 percent hostility to gun ownership anytime there was anything to vote on,"

David Kopel, a second amendment scholar with the Independence Institute said.

Saying Obama is a "cause for concern" is an understatement.

I guese were going to have 4 years of Obama gonna take our guns. When is he going to take our guns then to Why has'nt he taken our but I know he's gonna.

After 4 years of still having our guns dont vote for Obama he's gonna take our guns and stock up on that ammo that we already have a stock pile because the prices are going to go through the roof.

This is going to be a fun 4 years!

Quote:
I guese were going to have 4 years of Obama gonna take our guns. When is he going to take our guns then to Why has'nt he taken our but I know he's gonna.

What exactly are you trying to say? confused

I just dont beleive Obama's agenda is to take away our guns and we are going to have 4 years of paranoia.

Like the cost of guns and ammo, especially, hasn't gone up dramatically even before the residential race even started, Wade.

croix and others, when he consistently appoints people who are anti gun to his administration, and much more importantly to LIFE TIME appointments throughout the Federal Judiciary and most notably the Supreme Court; will you at least admit then that he's not a supporter of our rights?

I'm not going to argue he'll take all our guns away in four years as President, that simply isn't the issue and your attempts to declare victory on that front ignore the REAL problem. There will be new restrictions adopted and there will be anti gun appointments made and you will still say, look you didn't get your guns taken away. You ignore the real issue because the facts don't support the conclusion you want to make.

I really like throwing a fish like this out there and watching the frenzy it creates. Feed on. By the way, lets hear just one pro-gun thing Obama has done. Just one. I just started my stopwatch....

Funny stuff guys, almost as funny as when I pulled into the local gun shop over lunch last week and two of the three vehicles parked in the lot had Obama stickers. I got a good chuckle out of that. Could've it been the gun shop owners vehicles? Maaaybe? laugh If they were, I gotta give 'em credit, talk about getting your customer in the right mindset before they even enter your shop. Gold Jerry!

I was a little suprised at the lack of NRA and Maverick bumper stickers, sometimes things are predictable, and I guess sometimes they are not. It seems as though guns and ammo aren't the only things that people are stockpiling. winksmilewink

155428.jpg

Maybe instead of complaining or arguing on an internet forum some of you gun supporters who really believe in your right to own any and all guns should go out and take some action. Complaining isn't going to get anything done. Go out and fight the powers that be if you honestly feel threatened. Don't just assume the NRA is voicing your concerns, do something about it.

Sending a letter to your representatives, or supporting the NRA is the LEAST you can do. By that I mean there is alot more you can do if you are passionate enough about it.

With that said I suspect most people will sit back and complain about things they don't like, and then complain more when nothing gets changed, all the while being ignorant to the fact that they are the ones that should have been trying to institute the change.

Obama does have a very anti gun voting record. that is a fact. maybe that may not be the most important issue to some and that's fine but it is a fact that his record did not match his campaign rhetoric on guns and gun ownership. so post all the sour grapes pics till you're blue in the face and scream, "he isnt going to take them away" but now he has to govern and it's hard to hide from your beliefs now that the election is over and campaign speeches are tossed aside. that's as far as i am going with this and i aint going to predict the future.