• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Syracuse Ice Fishing Show

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The young Marine is driving my wife nuts with all the text messaging (Tyler's on our plan) to his friends right now. Other than that he's fine. Well boys I'm off to PA in the morning at 10 a.m. and will return Sunday evening, keep it fishy and have a great weekend if you can get out somewhere...

Hey guys talked to Splitshot tonight RJ and him are coming up Saturday. He bought an FL-20 and is sending it back and getting an LX-5. Couldn't stand the features of the new LX-5, compared to the FL-20. Rick here's the tests I wa stalking about.

Here are some sonar undisputed facts:

1.) The Vexilar FL20 receiver has more then twice the distortion of a MarCum LX5/LX3 receiver.

2.) The Vexilar Fl20 receiver is more than twice as noisy as that of a MarCum LX5/LX3.

3.) The Vexilar FL20 has half the receiver gain than that of the MarCum LX5/LX3.

4.) The MarCum LX3/LX5 beats the Vexilar FL20/FL12/FL18 in every sonar measurement.... EVERY SINGLE ONE.

5.) MarCum’s transducer is more efficient and more sensitive. A MarCum transducer will output a higher pulse level (dB re 1uPa) than a vexilar. A transducer’s output is not measured in watts, it’s measured in dB re 1uPa. A sonar’s transmitter output is measured in watts…this is a measurement of the energy that goes into the transducer. Remember watts in and dB re 1uPa out. MarCum’s transducers have been tested and certified at power levels exceeding 5000 watts peak to peak input.

Duane Cummings

Chief SONAR Engineer

MarCum Technologies Inc.

Rick - I have the hard data somewhere else but I'll get that posted up to...

Marcum-Vex-Humminbird-Lowrance---- Who cares?!?! eek

Give me some umpainted jigs and a few maggots! cool

DC, they'll be there Saturday around 1:00. Six dozen darts and three dozen round heads, 1/32 oz., size 10 red and bronze hooks, all cleaned up.

Tim, the Dinosaur beats Tully's hands down! Get the sampler, or the sampler supreme!!!

Hey guys talked to Splitshot tonight RJ and him are coming up Saturday. He bought an FL-20 and is sending it back and getting an LX-5. Couldn't stand the features of the new LX-5, compared to the FL-20. Rick here's the tests I wa stalking about.

1.) The Vexilar FL20 receiver has more then twice the distortion of a MarCum LX5/LX3 receiver.

2.) The Vexilar Fl20 receiver is more than twice as noisy as that of a MarCum LX5/LX3.

3.) The Vexilar FL20 has half the receiver gain than that of the MarCum LX5/LX3.

4.) The MarCum LX3/LX5 beats the Vexilar FL20/FL12/FL18 in every sonar measurement.... EVERY SINGLE ONE.

5.) MarCum’s transducer is more efficient and more sensitive. A MarCum transducer will output a higher pulse level (dB re 1uPa) than a vexilar. A transducer’s output is not measured in watts, it’s measured in dB re 1uPa. A sonar’s transmitter output is measured in watts…this is a measurement of the energy that goes into the transducer. Remember watts in and dB re 1uPa out. MarCum’s transducers have been tested and certified at power levels exceeding 5000 watts peak to peak input.

Duane Cummings

Chief SONAR Engineer

MarCum Technologies Inc.

sleepsleepsleep

How much signal can the transducer recive? Dose it pick back up as much as it put's out? Once again ... Why is all that power needed?

Thanks Otis! grin Besides the Grand Tasteing Menue at the Copper Turret, nothing beats the sampler at the D BBQ. I always ask for a extra side of pickles. I think I make a prety mean batch of pickles but theres are top notch too...

SplitShot - See ya on saturday. Havent run into ya at Gander in quite a while. How old is RJ getting now?

Timmie not to also mention, the transducer still works after a few notches are cut into it!!

Duane Cummings

Chief SONAR Engineer

MarCum Technologies Inc.

John - Well then I'm glad to see this post. Sure do miss you dacks guys round here. Keep an eye on the King, I need some lake trout therapy. smile How did the eye fishing go for you this year? grin

Rick - Welcome back buddy looking forward to seeing you and RJ Saturday

Dark Cloud - You bringing your camera to the show? Pretty intersting day at work today one of the large UPS battery back-up cooked a couple of batteries and the smell of sulpha was in the air. No computer and no phones the rest of the day. I'm home now.

Ok guys, who's going, are you meeting anywhere and what time?

Jay, I'll call when I get in the parking lot.

How does Texas Road House sound for a get together after, they have a really awsome walleye mount (plus other I haven't had a chance to check out yet) on the wall. smile

Frank , Bud and his cousin bruce and I are heading out to the show friday night would like to catch up with u guys and chat . So look me up . Insurance guy its good to hear from you how have things been ? cant wait to get back on to lake george hope the ice comes soon . how was the fall fishing ? Hope to see you guys at the show