• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Friday Deals

Windy City

Sounds like a dream, if it's legitimate that would be a great deal. However I doubt that would happen as the system still retails for $250, controllers are still $40 each and Nunchuks's are still $20 each. Grand total of $470 before taxes and that still doesn't include any games.

Best Buy will probably have the best deals, and they usually post the best of the best online right before. TV's often are the best deals, as well as some cheap laptops. The best deals will go very quickly, so you are talking starting a camp out around 10PM (depending on your location). Some of the less tempting but still good deals will be around all day (like the projection TV's). I camped out for my monitor, was a great deal 2 years ago, and prices are just now falling to the price I got it for (only the current model doesn't have TV inputs).

I remember Circuit City used to have all single CDs for $9.99 Ahhhhh- those were the days. I doubt they do that anymore since they are broke. Oh, and not many people buy CDs anymore

Hey now, I bought a CD the other day. Best Buy. $9.99 for a new release.

Just google Black Friday Ads 2008 and you will find various places that have a lot of ads listed. I started planning on where I'll be hitting this year. I know I want a 46 to 50" LCD or plasma for sure this year. It's my big spending spree for the year on that day. I get up at 3 and usually am home by 9 or so with a truck load of carp we don't need but fun to get.

I'll be in bed either way smile

Smart move. We went out last year for the first time on black Friday, headed out at 4:00 AM. They were already sold out of the advertised "good deals" and the people were nuts. We swore we'd never do that again.

I went out early ONE year for Black Friday deals. If I needed a $1000 tv or computer I might think about it....otherwise there isnt enough money in the world to get me back out in that mess.

Lines to the BACK of Menards. We're talking hours just to check-out. I'll be watching tv instead!

I heard that Sam's Club will be selling a Wii package on Black Friday that contains the game unit, 3 controllers, 3 Nun Chuks and 3 games for $224. Sounds like a pretty good deal!

Windy

Google Biddy Boos, there are some good deals on the Wii packages there.

Screw it, I am going fishing. Who is with me?

Actually my buddy and I are planning to jump in the truck and drive north until we find ice we can walk on. Thursday night after the turkey nap I am trying to get a group of people to go to Pickle Park in Fridley. Girlfriend's brother's band is playing so it should be a fun couple of days.

I've only ever gone out once, and it was to [PoorWordUsage] Sporting Goods to get a Garmin etrex Legend Cx (color with map card capability) with case, cord, and Topo maps for the whole country for $150.00. Gave it to my dad that year.

Otherwise, I just let my wife and Mother-in-law go. They have done it for years, and she says she gets over half of her shopping done in about 4 hours. As long as I don't have to go, I don't care.

Avoid the WII and get a decent game system. I got one last year and I am still waiting for them to release some decent games. Unless you like games like wii sports and lego whatever. The only good game thats come out has been the starwars one. Its good enough if your 7 but if you want more adult titles than hannah montana look elsewhere

I got a Wii and like it for what it is. FYI, Best Buy has an Xbox 360 with 60gb HDD and four games for $299. You can order them online tonight too. Acutally can get a lot of it ordered online if you just look at the stores.

I went out this morning and got myself a TV. went to wal-mart and got a 42" LCD for $598. It's a polaroid, so it's not as good as a sony, but I've wanted to upgrade for some time and the deal seemed pretty good!! I'm pretty excited! too bad the kids are home, so far all I've been able to see on it are Tom and Jerry and Dora!

that being said, I'll NEVER go out on black friday morning again!! that was nuts!!

A 34 year old man from NY state, a Wal Mart employee, was trampeled to death this morning when the doors were opened.

That is nuts, every year it happens to a few people it seems, just my opinion, but it ain't worth it, wonder how long it took before someone decided to check on him